Chapter 2 | In Which My Best Friend Unlashes Her Inner Beast

Start from the beginning

"Sorry," she smiles at me. "He just annoyed the heck out of me, who even says that!" I chuckle.

"Bitch did you just say crush? I can't even stand the guy and you think that I like him already?!" she frowns, looking at me as if I have betrayed her.

"He is hot." Kay opens her mouth to protest but I shut her down immediately. "Don't even try, I know that look, you think he is hot too.

"Pfft no!" I give her a stern look.

"Okok you got me, but just because he is hot, he has no right to be a prick. Who does he think he is? I am going to go back there and beat him up. Just wait and see Addy, I will set him straight." I give my best friend a knowing smile before pulling her with me.

"You can beat him up later babe, first we have to endure Mr. Woolhead's boring class."

"Dang, you are right!" she groans before unwillingly following me.

###

I climb further up my favourite tree trying to get a better view. I spot Asher moving to his favourite place under the neighbour tree. A grin etches its way onto my face only for it to vanish completely the second I see a certain blondie twirling her way towards him.

Urgh, what a leech.

Says the person who is spying on Asher from a tree.

I wave the thought away before moving around.

"Babe!" Talin Reed whines as she makes her way toward my Asher.

Yes, I just went there. I am hopeless after all and my best friend was going to kill me for sure when she found out. If she found out that is.

Over Asher my butt, I was still head over heels in crush with the guy.

"Babe," Talin tries again successfully getting Asher's attention this time. I grunt unhappily but stay put, not wanting to fall down from the tree. I was not going to break another leg.

Believe it or not I had already broken the same leg trice.

"Are you coming to the party tonight?" she smiles at him, her perfectly manicured fingers tracing the length of his arm. My teeth grind together, hands clenching in anger.

"Get your hands off me Talin," he shows her hand away before sitting down.

Yes! I mentally holler nearly losing my grip on the branch. My heart races and I swing my body onto the branch again.

"Did you hear that?" Talin asks in a screechy voice.

"No," Asher grunts pulling his backpack closer before taking out something.

"Babe," Talin starts again and Asher seems to have had enough of her. Me too.

"I am coming, please leave now." Talin pouts adorably...not, before reluctantly walking away from him.

Ugly, bitchy, little, stupid....

"ADDALYN!" I jump up startled from the voice calling my name, losing my grip entirely. This time I am not able to hold onto any branches and fly down face first from the tree.

Holy freaking grape juice!

I am going to die today for sure. I still had so many things I wanted to do in life. Get a good job, get a pet, marry Ash, raise cute children with him and....

"Addy!" I hear Kay's voice, cutting me from my trance.

I brace myself for the fall but it never comes. I slowly peek my eyes open only to see Asher's gorgeous deep brown eyes. My breathing hitches and I try not to gasp to loudly.

Asher...

I am in Asher's arms.

Am I dead? Is this a dream?

"You should be more careful," he tells me as if I am a child before letting me onto the ground. Then he turns around swiftly as if this was not a big deal at all before walking away.

I am not able to see where he is going because I am yanked back to face my best friend who looks like she is about to rip my hair out.

"What were you doing up there?" she asks calmly. Calm Kaylee was never a happy Kaylee. Happy Kaylee was the hyper one, calm Kaylee was the, "I will snap your neck if you dare to lie!" Kaylee.

But I take my chance anyways.

"Oh, you know just enjoying the view from up there." Kay raises a brow not entirely believing me.

"Three meters from where Asher was sitting just now...you really want me to believe that?" I gulp backing away slowly.

She raises a brow daring me to take another step.

"Addalynn Reina!" she booms and that ladies and gentlemen is my cue to get away this instant. I laugh sprinting off in the direction of my house, Kaylee hot on my heels.

Oh damn, my best friend was going to skin me alive today for sure.

"Wait up you pig, you know I can't keep up with you!" I look over my shoulder, to see Kay trying to catch her breath not too far away.

"I know, I know..." I cackle before running off.