2|4

[Tristen]2|4: Wimp

[Tristen]
2|4: Wimp

I remembered what my Granny West told me when I was young --- she told that when I was looking for someone to fall in love with, I should fall in love with the colour of their eyes because eyes are the only thing that don't age or change. So if you fall in love with their eyes, you'll be in love forever.

And that was exactly it. When I first met Willow Anderson, I didn't know  I'll fall for was her eyes, her baby blue eyes.

No, they weren't just baby blue. I could see the entire ocean in her eyes with tints of dark blue swirling in them. As I sprinted out of school, her eyes were one of the images that flashed through my mind.

The second thing that I didn't know I'll fall for was her laugh. It wasn't a giggle or a chuckle. I didn't even want to sugar coat it, she sounded like a breathless dog when she laughed. Her eyes would squint and she wouldn't even bother to cover her laugh.

It was her way of making the room light up, and in my eyes, I found that beautiful. When she laughed, I saw her true self and I loved that.

I didn't know many things when I met her but one of the biggest secret I didn't know was that...

When I first met Willow Anderson, I didn't know how lucky I'd become..

She could have any guy, especially one that wouldn't run away like a coward, I let myself accept all the pieces of the truth that was thrown at her like a splash of paint. She could have literally anyone with that gorgeous face, why me?

Why me? Why fall for the boy who ran away? The one that didn't stand by her side.

If she couldn't see that I wasn't meant for her, I'll leave to protect her. Protect her from wasting her life on a guy that doesn't deserve her.

I don't deserve her.
She doesn't deserve a player, a coward, a cheater, a heartbreaker, a monster.

She doesn't deserve me, Tristen West.

Pushing the door open, my father's eyes shot at me in surprise.
" I quit, the deal is off and I don't give a fuck what you do to me. Punch me, slap me, hurt me, continue to abuse me like you did for the past 7 years...I don't care anymore...I can't do it. I can't steal money or hurt the girl I love anymore.." I dropped my bag to the ground.

He took his glasses off, setting his newspaper on the coffee table. Folding his arms across his chest, he stood up and strolled towards me. He let out a low chuckle.

"I knew you didn't have the guts to do something as simple as that." He was inches away from me, the devil himself.

"I love her, I love her so fucking much and your empty words won't change a thing." I spat out.

"Ahh I see you became more confident, more brave and bold." He swung his palm across my face, this is definitely not the first.

I bit the inside of my cheek, holding back to urge to wince. I glared at him, my eyes still remaining stone cold.

"You're still my son, remember that." He warned with a wicked smile.

"But you were never my dad, remember that." I mimicked with a smirk before a punch stabbed me right at my core. I bit back a painful grunt.

Just think of her, her cute waitress outfit she always wore, the way her hair was tied into a messy bun, the way she danced with me, the things she wrote in her diary. Just think of Willow Anderson, stand up to him for her.

"Hit me again, maybe I'll end up like mom." I spoke out in a stern voice, my eyes meeting his that quivered slightly. I didn't expect those words to slip out from my mouth.

He turned away, slamming his fist repeatedly on the wall instead.  It's been more than 7 years since anyone brought this topic up about my mom. He pounded his fist harder, sliding down onto the floor. His eyes were red, tears welled up in his eyes.

"GO! LEAVE ME!" He yelled out.

"Why am I doing this?" I heard him mutter under his breath and for a moment I felt sorry.

I can't just leave him like this, I just can't. I took slow cautious steps towards him, swallowing hard.
"I'm not leaving you, you need help dad.." I spoke softly, despite everything I couldn't comprehend my sympathy towards him.

He peered up, gritting his teeth.
"Why are you still so nice, son? I did so much wrong, hurt both you and your mum..."

I noticed how his eyes soften at the thought of my mom.
" I do hate you, dad. I might never forgive you too but it doesn't make me any better than you if I leave you like this. You need help to control your temper and you'll get through this, alright?"

He nodded, scanning my features in deep thought. I had to stop myself from confronting the way he looked at me.

"You changed Tristen...she changed you to become the person every dad hopes to make his son become..." he looked away in regret, disappointed that he wasn't able to do what Willow did to me.

A small smile laced my lips, " She did, Dad. She sure is something special." I pulled him to his feet.

Leading him to the door, he pulled me back once more. "I'm s--sorry, son." He awkwardly wrapped his arms around me.

I didn't respond cause I knew that I'll still have there scar in my heart. It's just like a mirror, you can put back the pieces of glass shards together but you'll still see the cracks in the mirror.

But maybe, sometimes everyone needs second chances...