1|6

[ Tristen ]1|6: Leather Scars (ł)

[ Tristen ]
1|6: Leather Scars (ł)

I might be a bit insane right now, wait who am I kidding? I'm out of my mind for bringing her here already.

I don't know what got into my head, was it the way her blue eyes dilated whenever she showed concern or was it that grin she casted that me just feel so safe around her.

I don't know, it's like something I never felt before. It's different, it's not about sex anymore or whether how fast I could get her to bed or how hot she looks in every outfit.

I couldn't find the word to describe what was going on between us. What are we? That was question I kept asking myself the entire bus ride.

Are we friends? More than that? What exactly are we?

"So where are we going?" Her sweet voice broke the silence that hung in the bus.

"Listen Rapunzel, you're going to meet someone that means a lot to me, so just don't freak out, okay?" I took her hand in mine, taking deep breaths.

She would be the first person I ever introduce to her. With her hand in mine, I led her out of the bus.

"Why...Why are we at a rehabilitation home?" I didn't answer her, giving her a small smile, a small sad smile.

" Hey Lennon, I'm here to see Lorraine." I waved over at the security guard who let us in, recognising me-- the familiar boy that came every week.

Willow followed me like a lost puppy, completely clueless of who she was yet to meet.

Never once did I let go of her hand, giving her soft hand a squeeze once in while.

I noticed Nurse Melody in front of her door -- door 231.

Nurse Melody forced out a smile, knowing who I came to visit.
" Hey sonny, here to see Lorraine?" She ruffled my hair.

" Yeah, this is my friend, Willow Anderson." I introduced her to Melody, I didn't want Willow to feel out of place.

Willow responded with her usual liveliness, that seemed to light up the room. While they exchanged greetings, all I could do was admire Willow--- just observe the corners of her lips quirk up and her eyes light up. If only we could be more than friends... but I doubt she'll even want to be my friend after meeting Lorraine.

I was risking everything, after tonight I was sure things would never be the same. Maybe tomorrow she'll pretend she doesn't even know me...

Snapping out of my gaze, I gently pushed the door open, a smile plastered on my face. Willow followed behind, peeping over my shoulder.

Lorraine was painting once again, her back facing us, with her eyes staring out of the window.

I approached her slowly, taking a seat beside her. Upon seeing me, she beamed in joy, dropping her paint brushes on the floor before wrapping her arms around me. A giggle left her lips when I glanced over at her painting.

She did her usual sign language that I comprehended, returning her a hand motion. " She can't hear, can she?" Willow spoke softly.

I shook my head, my eyes on the floor.
I expected Willow to step away or request to leave. But her actions surprised me.

She walled towards Lorraine and I before sitting cross legged on the floor, a bright smile on her face.
" Tell her that I love her painting, it's beautiful..."
I grinned in response, in that moment I was tempted to just pin her to the wall and kiss her, kiss her cause I mean it.

I did some sign languages at Lorraine, introducing Willow to her. Lorraine's eyes lit up as she clapped her hands excitedly. Lorraine did some sign languages towards Willow, making my eyes well up with tears.

Willow glanced over at me, waiting for an explanation. " She said that this young man, Tristen, always visits me every week and brings me cookies, we are very good friends....that's what she said." I coughed out, trying my very best not to cry.

"Good friends?" Willow questioned in a suspicious tone but she let it slide with a smile.

We spent an hour just communicating with Lorraine, I brought her one of her favourite cookies once again which we shared amongst ourselves. My eyes kept finding itself on Willow, the way she seemed so interested, treating Lorraine like a normal person.

Standing up, I kissed Lorraine on the cheek after Willow gave her a warm bear hug. I closed the door behind us, heaving a sigh. I couldn't hold it in much longer, and the next thing I knew I was sprinting out of the house with Willow running after me.

I couldn't take it any longer, I just didn't have the strength to hold all the broken pieces together. Curving round the corner of the house, I leaned against the wall. Tears flooding my eyes as I slid done the wall, crying profusely.

I must have looked like a complete wimp--Weak and vulnerable. I buried my face into my palms, hearing silent footsteps approaching.

Her hands lifted my face upwards, her thumb wiping away the tears the streamed down my cheeks. Willow held me close her, my head nuzzled into her blonde hair.

"Its okay, I'm here and I'll stay here with you." She whispered soothingly, caressing my cheek.

We sat there, on the grass in silence, just listening to the rustling of leaves from the trees.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, my eyes meeting her.
Pulling away from her embrace, I sat up, running my fingers through my hair.

" You know, many people romanticize heartbreak, but heartbreak isn't beautiful. It isn't fucking poetry, it's not staying up til' 4 am listening to sad songs. It's breaking down in the middle of a busy street, it's seeing their face in all the people you pass by. Its feeling okay for weeks and all of sudden, you're choking on the memories of that night. It's waking up from dreams, screaming in the middle of the night because your chest aches like a rotting tooth, have you ever felt that Rapunzel?" My jaw clenched, my eyes blazing in anger.

She shook her head, a person as pure and innocent as her would never face something like that.

"Lorraine isn't my best friend...she's my mother, my own mother doesn't recognise her son. You know how much that fucking hurts? She's been placed in a rehabitation home by my dad because she dementia and is deaf." I paused, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves.

Pulling my t-shirt upwards, her eyes widened at the sight of the large marks across my stomach.

" And you know what's the worst part? I'm living with the man who made her who she is today..."