0|8

[Willow]0|8: GOAT

[Willow]
0|8: GOAT

My fingers tightened around my pencil, my eyes drawn onto the clock ticking by each second.

Where is he? He's two hours late!

Cole nudged my elbow, frowning his eyebrows, questioning my behaviour.
" Looking for someone? "

" Flynn, actually." I murmured under my breath. Though I didn't drink a drop of alcohol, I could only remember the party in short flashes--- Laughing with Tristen before arguing once again. I remembered him walking away with some other girl and the sight of Flynn drowning himself in alcohol, leaving me alone to walk home.

" I heard the party yesterday was goat!" Cole whispered excitedly, to avoid being caught.

" Goat?" I squinted my eyes, unsure of what he meant. Rolling his eyes, he explained with a playful smile.

" Greatest Of All Time?" I nodded with a unimpressed expression.

"Well, I'm never going to a party again, that's final." I announced as the bell rang. Once again, I didn't pay much attention in class. Heading out of class, Cole curled his arm around mine, his blonde fringe falling over his eyebrows.

He looked down at me with a a small smile, "Willy, I'm going to be dead honest with you, you're just not a party girl." He declared.

Taking a short but stern glimpse at him, I sighed. "No one will ever be a party person if they didn't have alcohol." I spoke truthfully, which he agreed with a guilty nod.

At that very moment when I took foot out of the class, hot fluid burned my skin. I bit back the scream that was threatening to spill, just because of that one person who stood before me.

" Bethany Vender." I gritted out, Cole still gaping at my now brown halter strap singlet.

" I hear you're running for president." There was a hint of mock in her voice, as she scanned me from head to toe in amusement. She must have been thinking that I'm not president material.

" And why does that interest you?" I folded my arms challengingly, Cole backing me up by stepping forward confidently.

" Cause she's running for president too." Emily piped in, stepping forward. I didn't even realise she was standing behind Bethany, it didn't surprise me cause she's known as Bethany's puppet anyway.

Bethany took a quick sharp step into my space, leaning in just so I could hear her deadly words.
" Let the best win and just remember that when you play with fire.....you might just get burnt."

Instead of feeling a pit of fear within me, Cole and I bursted out into a laughing fit.
" Cole, can you believe it? She needed to spill hot coffee onto me just to bring her pun across." I held onto Cole's shoulder for support, our outburst gathering more attention.

" I didn't know you would stoop that low, Bethany. You really are a disappointment." Cole wiped the tears from his eyes dramatically. Bethany swallowed hard, pulling herself into a upright position to muster as much confidence as possible.

" Let's just see who's the last one laughing. Watch your back Willow, something will destroy you in the future and I'll be there to worsen it."

She left her words hanging in the air, as she turned on her heel with Emily.
I knew exactly what that something would be that would destroy me, entirely--- Tristen West.

■■■■■■

" What happened last night? You were a complete different person! Where have you been, Flynn?!" I exclaimed, leaning against the locker beside his. Pulling his Chemistry textbook out, he gave me a short glance.

" I drank a bit too much yesterday and slept in, that's all." He answered casually, his eyes holding not even a slightest bit of guilt.

That isn't the Flynn I know.

" That's all? Are you kidding me?" I huffed in disbelief, turning away from him. He reached out to my hand, pulling me back once more.

" I'm sorry, babe...I didn't mean to act the way I did. I'll make it up to you, alright?" He assured, wrapping his arms around me before leaving a small peck on my lips.

Releasing almost too quickly, he slung his bag over his shoulder. " I'll see you at practice later." He gave my hand a squeeze before walking away.

Pressing my forehead against the locker, the hallways were now empty.
A weak smile made it's way to my lips, something felt amist.

He's hiding something from me, I'm so sure of that.

" Trouble in paradise?" A familiar voice made it's appearance. I didn't need to look over to know that he was having his famous smirk plastered on his lips.

" No, Flynn and I are perfectly fine." I decided to meet his intense gaze.

" Keep telling yourself that, Rapunzel." He remarked, looking down. Like always, he showed no scar or emotion other than confidence radiating off him.

How was it possible he could do so much wrong but still have a drama-free life?

" So why are you here? Do you have another task for me?" I tapped my foot impatiently.

Grinning at me like a maniac, he took a few steps forward. " Nope, you don't have anything to do yet. But I just want to warn you that more is yet to come in the next couple of weeks." He left his words in suspense.

" Well aren't I lucky to have such a nice Master!" I commented sarcastically, my words causing an immediate change in the atmosphere.

"Don't call me that, Willow." His lips formed a thin line as he spoke each word-- full of warning.

" W-why?" I questioned, puzzled by his reaction.

" Just don't."

And with that Tristen West left me curious, anxious and utterly confused.