Chapter Two October 25th: Andy's Birthday

Chapter Two, 25th October: Andy's birthday

Jasper looked down at Artemis as she slept on his chest it was the first time in weeks that she got to have a peaceful sleep. No matter what he said to her he was just as worried that something would happen but he promised her he wouldn't let anything happen to her and he was going to stick by that promise no matter what. The only problem was that he had to go to school five days a week and Artemis was now studying from home now that she was coming up to her seventh month of pregnancy, though he was glad she no longer had to deal with those imbeciles at school and he didn't have to worry about someone breaking into the house as there were wards that surrounded the house a hundred yards each way. He was just grateful that it was the weekend and he got to spend all of his time unless he had to hunt with his new family.

Jasper eased himself out of the bed careful not to wake up Artemis as he crept into Teddy's room when he heard he was awake and babbling quietly to himself but that changed as soon as he saw Jasper standing in the doorway. "Daddy!" Teddy cried happily using the bars of his cot to pull himself up. "Hello little man." Jasper said picking Teddy up and pecking him softly on his chubby cheeks as Teddy squealed in delight and clutched onto his t-shirt. Laughing Jasper held Teddy to him kissing his forehead as they entered his and Artemis's bedroom. "Mummy!" Teddy cried happily when he saw his mum in the bed.

"Shhh. Teddy mummy is sleeping and so is your sister." Jasper said gently but also firmly as he saw Artemis stir slightly. Teddy looked back at Artemis his head lowered slightly as he nodded his head. "It's alright Teddy we just have to be a bit quiet when mummy is sleeping. Okay little man?" Jasper asked as he sat on the bed Teddy safely nestled in his arms he smiled when Teddy's smile was more genuine and laughed as Teddy started squealing happily and clapping his hands as Jasper made Teddy's favourite brown wolf nuzzle his tummy. Awhile later Teddy squealed happily from where he was resting on Jasper's chest but it was for a complete different reason than the wolf stuffy that was currently clutched tightly in Teddy's small hands. Looking to his right to see if Teddy had woken Artemis up he was shocked to find out that once he looked at his mate he felt her feelings of mirth as she laughed at the pair of them as she took Teddy into her arms, he didn't realise how oblivious he'd been to his surroundings as he played with Teddy not that he was complaining he loved playing with his son.

"G'morning Darlin'," Jasper said kissing her on the lips smirking as he heard Teddy laughing at them. "G'morning Jazz, Teddy." Artemis greeted kissing both Teddy and Jasper on the lips. She winced as she felt her little girl give a hard kick to her bladder signalling she was awake and wanted a hello too. "Cassie wants her daddy and her brother to say good morning to her too." Artemis told Jasper and Teddy after she herself had said hello to her baby. "Ello Cassie." Teddy babbled as he kissed Artemis's stomach giggling as he felt Cassie kick him in return. Artemis and Jasper both praised Teddy laughing and kissing his forehead as his little chest puffed up before Jasper said hello to his baby girl. Once they had all settled back down Teddy now sitting in Jasper's lap Artemis and Jasper turned the discussion to what needed to be done today as it was Andy's forty-fifth birthday today.