Chapter 2: The Adoption

Miss Tuttles glared at you. "All children ages 8 to 13 please report to the adoption room!" She instructed loudly.

She walked over to you and grabbed your shoulder tightly. "Don't do anything stupid, freak." She whispered. She let go of you and you quickly walked into the room.

Thomas was standing in the front of the room and was looking at all of the different aged girls. You were on the very left, being the youngest girl in the orphanage.

You looked to your right and saw F/n a few paces down. You sighed nervously as the eldest girl, Danielle (If your name is Danielle then her name is Jackie)) who was almost 14, walking to the 'interview' room with Thomas.

(Time skip a half hour)

It was your turn and you suddenly felt anxious. You nervously walked into the room and sat down on a chair. Thomas smiled warmly at you and started asking questions like, 'What's your name?' And 'How old are you?' You answered all the questions in a voice that was quiet, but loud enough for Thomas to hear.

He eventually asked, "Why do you have your hair like that? Is it just your preference of hair style or..? I mean, you don't have to answer if you don't wish to, I'm just curious." You hesitated before answering. "It's, uh, it's to hide my left eye. It's a bright purple and Miss Tuttles doesn't like that so she forced me to cover my eye with my hair. After that, she called me a freak." Your eyes filled with tears and Thomas hugged you gently.

You flinched slightly at the sudden contact and stiffened up but still let him hug you. After a moment or two, you eased up and leaned into his hug, trying not to cry.

"Miss Tuttles has absolutely no right to call you a freak. You're just unique," he said softly. You looked at him, silent for a second as if processing what he said.

"Y-You think so?" you asked him. He nodded, "I know so. How would you like to be adopted?" he offered. You smiled widely. "R-Really??" You asked excitedly. He chuckled lightly and let go of the hug. "Of course." He said with a smile.

You nearly fell out of the chair in excitement. "Yes!!" You cheered, standing up. Thomas stood up as well and led you out of the interview room and back into the main adoption room.

You went back to your spot in the line and smiled excitedly. Thomas stood at the front of the room and clapped his hands together. "Today, I have not chosen one person to adopt like I said I would. I instead chose two. Those two are Y/N and F/N." He announced with a smile. Your E/C eye sparkles with happiness as you and F/N cheered. The other girls rolled their eyes in jealousy and left the room as you and F/N hugged each other.

"We finally get to be sisters!!" You said excitedly. Thomas smiled as he walked over to them. "How about you girls go pack?" He asked.

You and F/N nodded quickly, running up to your room and packing your things. You grabbed your small suitcase and filled it with clothes before grabbing your backpack and putting your art supplies (sketchbook, pencil, pencil crayons, sharpener, and eraser), books and stuffed bunny in it. You zipped it up and then zipped up your suitcase before putting your backpack on and waiting for F/N to finish packing since she had more things.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

602 words, my little Rainbows! I hope you liked the chapter and sorry I took forever!