Chapter Five: The Promise and Day Two

But then Roman spoke up.

———————

"Well that's not a problem," Roman said with a smile. "We can teach you!" He added.

"R-Really?" You asked him, both shocked and happy.

Thomas smiled. "Of course! We promise." He said cheerfully. You smiled slightly, relieved.

"Thank you.." you said softly. "I would love to know how to read." You added.

Patton smiled happily. You yawned and cuddled into Patton's side gently, closing your eyes. Roman smiled.

"I think we should start teaching her to read tomorrow after lunch." Roman said with a small chuckle, gently picking you up and carrying you upstairs to your room. In there, F/n was laying in her bottom bunk, already asleep.

Roman frowned slightly, but shrugged it off and put you to bed, gently kissing your forehead.

"Sweet dreams, Y/n." The prince whispered before moving on to F/n and kissing the side of her head. He then left the room, turning off the lift and shutting the door on the way out.

You mumbled a very quiet 'good night, Roman' as the male left and slowly fell asleep with a small smile on your face.

————the next day————

You woke up with a yawn as the sun shined on your face. You sat up and stretched a bit before getting out of bed. You noticed F/n had already gone downstairs and frowned slightly.

"I wonder why she's been so distant from me..." you mumbled softly before going to your dresser and looking through the options for clothing. You smiled slightly as you noticed a few articles of clothing that might go well with each other and took them out of the drawers, putting them on.

 You smiled slightly as you noticed a few articles of clothing that might go well with each other and took them out of the drawers, putting them on

((^^the outfit))

You smiled brightly once you got on the clothes and headed downstairs. You travelled to the kitchen, watching Patton and Thomas make something to eat for breakfast. Out of curiosity, you try to get a closer look, but keep getting blocked off by the two males. You pout when you realize you won't be able to watch and leave the kitchen, sitting on the living room couch instead.

You noticed F/n sitting on the opposite end of the couch as you, texting someone. You were curious, but decided to not invade her privacy. You quickly got bored from the lack of events going on between everyone and sighed, choosing to go to the window and look outside. You noticed it was raining and got excited. You ran back to the kitchen and grabbed Patton's shirt, tugging on it gently.

"Can I go outside?? Please???" You asked.

Patton sighed and looked at you.

"I don't know, kiddo. You'll have to ask Thomas." He replied before getting back to work.

You sighed and went to Thomas.

"Dad—" you started before getting cut off.

"Not right now, Y/n. I'm sorry, but I'm busy. I promise we can talk after breakfast." Thomas said, smiling at you sympathetically before continuing to make breakfast. You pouted and walked away, going up to your room.

Once you get upstairs, you sit on your bunk in the bunk bed and grab a journal out of your bag, along with a pencil. You opened it to an empty page and started drawing the rain from outside.

After about fifteen minutes, you finished the drawing. You stared at it for a bit and smiled slightly.

You were proud of the drawing, so you decided to show F/n

You were proud of the drawing, so you decided to show F/n. You got off your bunk and ran downstairs to show her, only to be met with and empty living room and a closed bathroom door. You frowned and closed the journal, throwing it onto the ground. You walked to the kitchen to see that Patton and Thomas were almost done.

"Can I set the table?" You asked, wanting to help. Thomas looked at you and smiled.

"Yes you can. Thank you." The brown eyed male said before grabbing some plates and handing them to you.

You left to go set the table, putting the plates in the appropriate places. Oddly enough, there was a red plate which you assumed was for Roman because of his red sash, a light blue plate which you decided was for Patton, based on his light blue shirt, a dark blue plate for Logan because of his dark blue tie, a purple plate for Virgil because of the purple patches on his hoodie, a pink plate for F/n since that was her favourite colour, and a F/c plate for you. ((If your favourite colour is a colour that has already been listed, then please pick the next best colour.))

————time skip to after breakfast————

You ran to the window at the back to make sure it was still raining and grinned once you saw it still was. You ran over to Thomas with a grin on your face as Logan washed the dishes.

"Can we go outside to play??" You asked Thomas. "Pleaseeeee????"

Thomas smiled at you. "Of course we can." He said.

You cheered happily and ran to the front door, putting on your shoes and opening the door. You saw F/n and smiled.

"F/n!! Wanna come outside with us??" You offered. F/n looked at you and shook her head.

"I'm okay... I think I'll just go upstairs and take a short nap." She said before going upstairs. You frowned softly before remembering where you were going and smiling.

"Come on!!" You called out to Thomas as he put on his jacket, then his shoes.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Thomas said with a chuckle as the two of you left the house.

You grinned as you ran around outside in the rain with Thomas, smiling and laughing the whole time.