chapter thirty

JOHNNY'S POINT OF VIEW
•••

"my turn," i said, looking directly into kenzie's brown eyes. they really were gorgeous. john, not the point.

"kenzie," i smirked. she groaned, and covered her face. "truth." she said, without even letting me ask her.

"okay," i chuckled. this is what i wanted, but it was also going to be awkward.." "i'm asking kenzie her truth privately, so shoo," i waved lauren and annie off. they rolled their eyes, but walked off.

"what's my truth?" kenzie asked, looking curious. i nervously rubbed the back of my neck. "just ask me already!" kenzie laughed.

"okay, uh do you.. have feelings for me? forget about the breaking your heart part. i'm not asking you out," i blurt. mackenzie stood in front of me, red as a beetroot. "i-i'm not sure," she mumbled, before running off to lauren and annie.

i drew a hand through my hair in frustration. i blew my shot. i knew i should've waited till later, and now it was just going to be plain awkward.

•••
KENZIE'S POINT OF VIEW
TWO DAYS LATER
•••

"we'll see each other soon," i promised giving annie and lauren a hug. "i'll miss you," lauren mumbled. "me too," i sighed. "me three." trust annie to make us smile at a time like this. god knows when i'd next see them.

i looked over at johnny, who awkwardly stood to the side. the two of us haven't said a thing to each other since the bowling incident.

i know that would have been the right time to confess my feelings, that were indeed there, still growing.

i'm not hiding it from anyone, of course, johnny orlando. i realised i had been staring at johnny this whole time, so i hurriedly looked away, and gave lauren and annie another hug.

this technically wasn't goodbye since i still had to drop them to the airport. but it was time to leave.

•••

"i'll miss you two so much!" i squeezed the pair into yet another embrace. once we were done, lauren nodded towards john, and then looked at me.

"fine, i'll talk to him. but once you two go inside," i told them. they nodded, and after saying goodbye for the final time, they walked inside the airport.

my parents and maddie waiting inside the car, so right now, it's just me and johnny, but it won't be long, seeing as he was about to enter as well. this really was my only shot.

i ran up, and pulled him back. "mackenzie. what are you doing? i'm going to miss my flight," he protested.

"i like you johnny," i mumbled. "huh?" he asked me. "i like you. i always have, always will."

"are you serious?" his eyes were wide, but he looked doubtful. i nodded vigorously."this probably isn't an ideal time, but it was my last time. we both know if i didn't do this, next time annie and lauren come here, you won't, and if i come visit, you'll ignore me. i don't need you to say anything, cause you have a right to hate me right now, but-" johnny cut me off my grabbing my hands, and kissing me.

i inwardly gasped. my brain didn't seem to understand what was going on. before it could, johnny backed away. "i'm going to miss my flight. i gotta go," he gave me a sad smile.

"that's okay.." i smiled as well. i turned to leave, but johnny stopped me. "kenz.. i love you. and i mean it." my eyes widened in shock. those were the words i'd been waiting to here from him right since we first broke up.

before i could reply, he turned and ran to the airport, only turning around once to wave. 

"i love you too, johnny orlando," i whispered yo no one. but as i walked to the car, i was left
confused. were we together? did i dedicate myself to a long distance relationship? what was going on?

even with those thoughts, i couldn't stop smiling as i got inside the car. "you're soo telling me everything at home," maddie whispered, making sure our parents wouldn't hear. i nodded and sighed, satisfied with today.

•••
i hated how i made john ask out kenz when i first wrote this so i uh scrapped it..

[ word count — 723 words ]
( EDITED )