chapter six

KENZIE'S POINT OF VIEW
•••

i woke up to the shrill and annoying sound of my alarm blaring in my ear. i groaned, not ready for another school day.

squinting my eyes at the light coming in from behind my blinds, i grabbed my phone. i looked at the time, and gasped. i was going to be late unless i didn't hurry.

i jumped out of bed, when i realised that it was thursday. i didn't have school today. the teachers had some meeting, and so we had been given the day off.

i went downstairs happily. i had a feeling today was going to be a good day. maddie and i had the house to ourselves, seeing as our parents were travelling, and on top of that, johnny and i were actually friends now.

as i walked downstairs, i saw maddie sitting at the table, her phone in her hand. "kenz, do you wanna have a party tonight? i texted mum and dad. they said they're cool with it, as long as the neighbours don't complain." maddie exclaimed.

"isn't it too late to plan one for tonight itself?" i asked her, unsure. "not really. everyone will be glad to have fun." maddie told me.

"but if we don't want the neighbours to complain, we can't throw a wild party, so how about we throw an invitation only one?" i asked maddie. i swear sometimes i felt like the older sibling.

"those aren't as fun though." maddie groaned. "oh hush, we'll make it fun. so should i get dorota to print out the invitations?" i asked maddie. "okay i guess." maddie said, not seeming too pleased at the idea of a non wild party.

"oh wait...we need a guest list." i realised. "we have last times. check your messages. i'd sent it to you there a while back. just send it over to dorota." maddie shrugged.

i nodded, and scrolling through my messages, i found it, and forwarded it to dorota, with instructions on what to include in the invitations.

meanwhile maddie had gone to get the hall and food organised.

after about an hour, everything was decided on, and now all we had to do was send out the invitations.

dorota handed me a stack, and after thanking her, i told maddie i would go send them out, and she said she'd take care of everything at home.

i walked to the car, and instructed valgo to take me to each of the houses. finally, i reached the orlando's.

"and this is yours." i smiled at lauren, handing her the invitation. "oh and is johnny home?" i asked lauren, knowing she would smirk. and lo and behold, i was right.

"well, give this to him. he's invited too." i told her. lauren nodded, and muttered something along the lines of jenzie is real, before saying goodbye to me, and closing the door.

i rolled my eyes, laughing, and then walked back to the car. one invitation left. should i give brandon one or not?

•••

"are the tables ready?" maddie yelled to me, from outside my room. "how am i to know? you're ready, so you can jolly well go and look yourself.

"fine. be mean." she jokingly mumbled, and i sighed as i heard her footsteps fade away. maybe now i'd actually be able to get ready.