CH.5

Before I could pelt Sandra with questions, she fled the room, speeding to answer the door. If it were a cartoon, I swear, there would be cloud of dust where she once stood.

I blinked for a moment and then stood to my feet, walking after Sandra, a little dazed.

As I walked down her lengthy hallway. With each step I took, their voices became nearer, louder; and I became more nervous.

I leaned against the wall opposite of them, trying to calm down. Why was I so nervous. It was just a party. That Decan is going to as well. In a very charming navy blue t-shirt and jeans that fitted him just right....

"Hope? Hoooope? You there?" Said Brent, waving a hand in front of my face.

I blinked and then shook my head, "ya i'm here," I swatted his hand away from my face. How long did I zone out?

"Ready to go?" Decan asked, motioning to the door as Brent stepped back beside Sandra, who blushed a rosy pink.

"Yup. Ready as i'll ever be!" I spoke enthusiastically, a fake smile planted on my lips. And with that I walked out the front door with the rest of them.

The car ride wasn't long or awkward. It was fun. We sang along to Call me Maybe by Carley Ray Jepson. My nerves seemed to calm, by just being with my friends. It also helped when Dean leaned over and whispered in my ear that I looked nice tonight. Of course I just made a joke about it saying, "do I look ugly every other day, then?" But it truly made me a little more confident. Gosh i'm acting like such a girly girl.

We parked on the side of the road in front of the house. It was lit up from inside and vibrated with the loud pop music blaring.

The parking lot and street were filled with cars. Some were even parked on the lawn; and now that I mention the lawn, there were a few people passed out there too.

I chuckled softly at the people, "looks like the party's in full swing," I stated.

"Full swing?" Decan asked, chuckling at my wording.

"Shut up," I flushed and hit him playfully on the chest.

We were walking up to the house now. I didn't feel nervous anymore, just excited.

We walked in and it was just like you would see on tv: teenagers being crazy.

Right now all we could see was the stairs that stretched down elegantly with, white curving railings. They looked like arms unfolding for a hug. Beside the stairs were to hallways leading into, what i'm guessing would be, the living room and kitchen.

The place probably more extravagant and royal but, most of the house was covered in red beer cups and teenagers grinding on each other, (They were either grinding or dancing, I couldn't tell which one it was) tinting the houses glamour.

I laughed, picking my way carefully through the tossed cups on the ground and people. "Who's party is this, any ways?" I asked Decan.

"One of Brent's friends. I think."

He stated.

"Well a friend of a friend's anyways," said Brent smirking slightly.

I saw Sandra's hazel eyes widen, "so you don't know who's party we're at?!"

He just chuckled in response.

"Great we're party crashers." I said, shaking my head in amusement.

We got to the living room, which was filled with people dancing and drinking. Brent took Sandra away to meet some of his friends. She looked kind of panicked, but thats Sandra for you, panicked and unsocial. I was left with Decan.