a few seconds silence, yerim then sighs softly, as she looks at him, "i just want to know why.
why did you have to do that to me?
was i not enough or something?" at her last question, jeongguk can feel his heart clenching slightly,
regretful that he ever put her through such stuff.

"i-i- really don't know. it was a spur, an addiction and it was so wrong of me," jeongguk mutters, recalling the day when he first met lisa, and all the dangerous stuff begin — from flirting,
to occasional skin ships, to texting and then secret dates after their work.
everything was wrong, but the male just
liked it and he regretted liking it.

"you were the best that ever happened to me, and i really did enjoyed whatever we had
which is why i'm so
sorry for hurting you, for making you doubt
yourself, for making you shed countless of tears
and i didn't bother
to do anything. i-i am really sorry, yerim.
god, if i can turn back time, i will make
sure that i will
never make the same mistake."

yerim simply listens silently, before nodding her head slowly, chuckling lightly, "i don't hate
you anymore, jeon."

at his nickname which she always called him,
the male looks at her in surprise
and she gives him a genuine warm smile,
"i really don't. i mean, at first, i did hate
you a lot for being such a dick, for hurting me and
tons of stuff. but over time, i guessed i
realized hating you is kind of
pointless. you were happy, i am happy, so
why should i hate you?
in fact, i am happy for you and her actually,
but god, fuck, she was annoying. what did
you even see in her?"

at her light sense of humor, the other laughs softly,
relieved that the same old yerim
with her sassy tone is still there.

"her thai accent?" she suggests, before rolling her eyes, "she's pretty but heck, she's annoying so i'm quite glad you're done with her."

"i'm glad too. it was hell toxic."

yerim simply shoots him a sympathetic smile,
just as her drinks arrives. stirring her drink,
she then looks at the male
and asks, "so i guess we are good. i mean,
honestly, when i agree to meet you,
it is simply to see whether i can look
at you without throwing my high-heel
shoe at you
and i guess i'm cool since i'm sitting
here, enjoying my tea."

"so i guess i'm pretty cool. i found my closure, you found yo—," she begins, when jeongguk cuts her off politely. "i need to know something, yerim."

the girl simply raises her eyebrows, gesturing for the male to shoot his question. the male then rubs his fingers together nervously,
before breathing out, "so, are we still friends?"

at his question, yerim blinks a few times before laughing out, causing the male to bite on his lower lips, wondering whether she's not going to agree to that.
"of course! jeez, i did hate you, but i still love you, as a friend of course. jeon, you played an important role in my life when i was at that certain age, and no matter what, you did made some good memories in my life, and i'm thankful.
jeon, you will always be part of my life, that eighteen, nineteen year old me.
but now, you're going to be just a friend who i hate at times, because you're debuting with that coconut
head hair, like can you style it properly?"

jeongguk's muscles relax instantly at her humor, laughing softly as he runs his fingers through his hair, "i will take that into consideration."

"great, and another thing. just promise
me something. don't you ever do what you did to me to your next girlfriend, and i swear, your next girlfriend, had to be way better than your ex and me, because i want the best for you.
but then, if you make her cry, i be hunting you down. just don't do whatever you did to me.
nobody deserves that, not even you if she ever cheats on you, alright?"

the male nods his head slowly, giving a small smile. whatever she just said, he has vowed never to do it again. it isn't cool, and it will never be.
in fact, it's rather stupid and jeongguk knows
as a man, he should be doing it
the right way. "i promise."

and with that, the two exes form back a friendship that is genuinely sincere, as they chat over small things with occasional laughter.
an hour later, yerim's phone vibrates and she glances at it, her eyes lighting up instantly, "hey, sorry but i think i got to go."

"oh, that's cool. it's nice hanging out with you today again. i really do miss your sassy humor," he chuckles, nodding his head as he glances outside just to spot a red-haired male, wearing a hate, and a black mask, dressed nicely in a brow coat with black ripped jeans, approaching the café with a small crowd of girls around him. "uhh, i think your man is here."

yerim instantly looks at the café entrance, as the nee customer enters, his eyes scanning the surroundings and as soon as he spots the female, jeongguk notices the way the male's eyes curve upwards, and the smile beneath his mask. the light twinkle in the other guy's eyes say everything.
"yong!" she greets, standing up instantly as she rushes towards the male, encircling her arms around him tightly while the other swiftly wraps his arms
around her, laughing as he removes his mask, giving a peck on a forehead.
ah, that used to be us, jeongguk smiles to himself, watching the couple indulge in their private moment. he thought he loved yerim enough, sufficiently but staring at taeyong, who seems to love her even more than he did, jeongguk realizes that his love for yerim is incomparable to the other.
jeongguk loves yerim, but taeyong has always been loving yerim, and the difference is that the latter sees yerim as his whole world,
and she's the only light in his life.

"you said you were coming," yerim points out, pulling away a little as she pouts at her boyfriend, who breaks into his angelic smile,
as he cups her cheeks gently, "yeah, and i have arrived."

yerim then laughs, glancing over her shoulder before looking at taeyong, "alright, let me introduce you to jeon."
"jeon?" the other raises an eyebrow, a little surprised that she's back to the short address of the other, and the girl grins, "don't worry. you have even more nicknames from me, and we kind of made up."

"so..." the other drags on softly, his eyes have a flicker of panic when yerim shushes him, intertwining her hands around his, "nope. you're going to stay in my life, so stop worrying. i make it clear right now, you're the one i be devoting my love to, and the only idol i be stanning, i mean apart from taeyeon."

taeyong laughs at the mention of his senior, nodding his head as he bumps his forehead gently against her, before following behind her as they approach jeongguk, who has bern watching them from the table. "hey, it's nice to finally meet you," the male smiles at jeongguk, holding his hand out
as the other instantly reaches in to exchange
a handshake. "same," the other laughs softly, before withdrawing away, as the two males exchange a look, one that implies 'please treasure her' and 'i will. always'.

yerim then clears her throat, as she picks up her purse, "guess we be taking our leave. he got a music show recording to go to and i don't want him to be late."

"it's alright," taeyong laughs, as jeongguk nods his head, "i understand. we should meet up again, and take care, the both of you."

the couple then bid farewell to jeongguk, as they take their leave, greeting the small group of fans along the way before boarding the black van, as it disappears down the street.

jeongguk sighs out, a contented sigh as he stretches his legs out while leaning against the chair. just then his phone rings, and he glances to see taehyung calling him. picking it up, he greets his hyung before grinning, "yeah, everything's good. we got the closure we both wanted. right, i'm coming."
and with that, the male takes his leave towards bighit building,
for his debut preparation.