s e l f i s h

yoongi sips on his iced coffee while scrolling through the news feed on his instagram, while his friends around him are engaging themselves in different conversations.

"oi, you have been looking at your phone like forever. it is supposed to be a boys' day and not you texting your girlfriend," yoongi nudges the male below the table with his foot, causing the elder to scowl slightly as he glances up briefly. "i'm not texting seungwan, i'm just looking through instagram," he mumbles lowly, brushing off his friend's foot.

jimin, who is sitting beside yoongi, peers over his shoulder, taking a peek at the male's phone before his eyes widen slightly at the current photo that yoongi has been staring for the past few seconds, "i- are they together?"

"who is together?" namjoon asks, raising an eyebrow as he glances over at the wide-eyed jimin, who is furrowing his eyebrows at yoongi.

"nobody," the male replies instantly, locking his phone as he places it on the table, as jimin narrows his eyes, "yah, i clearly saw taeyong posting a picture of yerim!"

and yoongi had never wanted so much in his life but to get a tape, and cover the male's mouth. before he can even say anything, hoseok echoes, "yerim?"

yoongi glances at jeongguk, who has still remained silent from the start, and focusing on his drink, clearing his throat awkwardly, "they can be friends—"

"the caption looks nothing like 'just friends' though!" jimin exclaims, and immediately looks at his friends around the table. "but seulgi said nothing about yerim dating anybody."

"why do you care if yerim is dating or not?" seokjin raises an eyebrow, tilting his head slightly at the male before gesturing his head towards jeongguk, "her ex isn't even against it."

and an awkward silence falls on the boys. jeongguk and yerim have broken up at least ten months ago, and of course, the friendship not only between yerim and jeonggum has strained, so has the friendship with the boys, excluding yoongi.

"don't drag me into it. she can date whoever she wants," the male mumbles lowly, playing around with his drink.

"of course she can. her life doesn't revolves around jeongguk anymore, especially after he is dating too," yoongi retorts snidely, throwing a glare at the younger male, who flinches slightly.

"seriously, can we just stop talking about yerim?" taehyung blurts out, glancing at both jeongguk and yoongi, adding on, "look— things between yerim and jeongguk are over, so get over with it, yoongi hyung. she deserves better, and i'm sure everybody around this table knows it."

and it is true — yerim deserves better. a loving relationship between jeongguk and the female didn't last, when one of them had a change in their feelings. the one ended up suffering from the cracks in the relationship was yerim. she definitely deserves better.

"but still —," jimin begins again, and taehyung shoots a glare at his friend, "if taeyong is the man who can make her happy again, i don't see why they can't date. if he can mend her heart which was broken by jeon, i think it is alright for them to date. so let's up shut up, and enjoy today, shall we?"

the others hum in agreement, as jimin pouts, slouching back against his chair. there's no doubt that the male secretly wishes that the two ex-lovers will get back together, even though he is obvious that jeongguk has hurt her. he simply believes that they are meant to be together.

and little did they know that the youngest is still thinking about his ex's new relationship, as his chest clenches tightly. he knew that she will end up finding someone new, but how he wish she won't.

selfish. selfish is jeongguk's middle name.