15// The kids aren't alright

Start from the beginning

"We both know what happens when you don't express your feelings and you let it all build up." Nate says, his blue eyes staring at me.

"We also know what happens when you bud into a business that isn't yours." I remark bluntly. I move my last piece, double jumping the red chips and becoming a queen.

"Fair." Nate murmurs as he queens my chip. "That's the thing, I don't care." He adds.

"You're going through a lot right now. The whole Logan fiasco then Bass Industries getting auctioned..."

I become annoyed at this point, I grab my mug and Nate's "We need refills." I say as an excuse to leave the table for a moment.

He shakes his head as his eyes slightly grow wide "No, Lena don't." He says anxiously as I rise up from the chair and exit the table.

I turn around as where my path is to go to the front bar and get refills but instead I'm faced with the lamentable.

The light blue eyes that I've once loathed but now zeal for gaze into my eyes. His eyes expressing the sorrow and desolation from our last encounter.

My heart beats rapidly that it feels like it's pounding against my chest. I feel nervous, sacred, and the pain I've pushed away returns to me. The hurt, the betrayal, but the most powerful of all; the yearning for him.

My brain recalls our previous sentiment encounter.

My hands forcefully push open the heavy double doors, I enter the large lobby of the hospital. Nate trails behind me as I reach the nurses station. The nurse looked at me, waiting for me to speak but I could not.

I was frightened and anxious, my hands were shaky and my eyes were holding back tears.

"We're here to see Logan Devenport." Nate said to the nurse.

The nurse nodded and began typing into her computer. Nate gently grabbed my shaky hand, stopping it, he gave me a slight squeeze.

"Room 315." The nurse says "Family only, sorry."

I turned to Nate, my eyes weary and at lost for hope.

"It's okay, she's with me."

Our attention was diverted to Thomas as he stood in the middle of the lobby with a cup of coffee.

I nodded and quickly joined Thomas's side where he led me down the hall. My heart was racing rapidly, my nerves were building as we neared. I was scared, scared to see him in the condition he's in. Also scared because of how we left things earlier.

Thomas stopped and gestured me to a closed door. "He's been asking for you." He said, his eyes downcast as his lips fold into a thin line.

I rushed to the door but when I grabbed the doorknob, I paused. I turned to Thomas "It's okay." He said with a gentle reassuring smile.

I turned the knob and slowly pushed open the door. I walked in slowly as I stared at Logan, his laid limb in the bed. Covered waist up with a blanket as his abdomen is exposed and connected to machine that monitors his vitals.