He scowled. "I'm the one who has been giving information to those rogue Primes."

Archie paused, his eyes wide with shock.

"Let me explain," Oscar quickly added. He feared if he didn't finish, he would lose the courage to continue speaking.

He told Archie about how Ghost found out where he lived and how the woman threatened his family. He explained how he had been following her orders ever since that night, assisting the renegade Primes with their mission to thwart Senator Crane and the PRA. When he finished, Archie just sat in his seat silently with his keen eyes trained on Oscar.

"Have you told anyone else?" he asked.

He shook his head. "You're the first one, man."

Archie's hands flew to the back of his head. He cursed loudly, startling one of the drivers in the car beside them. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" he hissed. "Director Shaw could have helped you—"

"She threatened to kill my uncle and sister if I told anyone." Oscar's voice was hoarse as he spoke. "I...I couldn't take that risk, man. I couldn't."

Archie exhaled through his nose before burying his face into his hands. "This is bad, Oscar. Like really bad," he said, his voice muffled. He lifted his head, disappointment and sadness etched into his features. "Are you going to tell the others?"

Oscar's shoulders slumped. "I have to. Earlier today, Ghost told me to do another job, but I refused. Her team is planning to attack the debate at the Pentagon in a few days."

"Uh oh," Archie muttered. "Do you want me to tell them? I can make up some lie about how—"

He declined the offer with a quick shake of the head. While he appreciated the offer, he couldn't accept it.

"Oscar, they're going to want your head. You know that right?"

He was willing to accept his punishment.

"Whatever happens, happens, man."

Despite his confident words, the sense of dread and anticipation climbing up his spine was enough to make him feel like he had jumped into an ice bath in the middle of Antarctica.

Deep in his core, he knew everything was about to change. That ice he had been submerged into would melt, only to be replaced by scorching flames that would destroy everything in their path.

#

Oscar cried out as he thrust into a nearby wall. A dull ache rippled down his back. Coughing, he rolled onto his side. He let out a pain-filled groan, pinpricks shooting up his spine.

"It was you all along?!" Chase, who had just thrown him across the room, brought his fist down against the common room kitchen's counter. The granite exploded under the weight. The pieces rained to the ground, the sound reminiscent of bullet casing hitting concrete.

The blond was red in the face. Breathing heavily, he stomped over to Oscar, who had propped himself up against the wall he collided into. "How the fuck could you do this to us? We trusted you! We're family, Oscar!"

He lifted his hands, desperately hoping the boy wouldn't start pummeling him. He feared he wouldn't survive any more attacks from him.

He kept his face down, careful not to make eye-contact with the other people in the room.

Upon his arrival at The Acropolis, he had called a secret meeting with the rest of the original six team members. They all stood across from him with varying expressions adorning their faces.