Mama's coming..

I slowly walked around my house with my flashlight slowly fading. I carefully crept through the dark house to make sure... she.. doesn't find me. "Give me a treat!" My tattletail repeatedly demanded in that high baby tone. I sighed in annoyance. "Alright already...." I muttered making my way to the fridge. When I reached for the fridge door, he stopped his babbling. Curiously, I glanced down at him and saw his eyes were darting back and forth. I realized that those eyes weren't half lidded. they were wide. They were cautious. Than... that distinct grinding noise was heard. "Oh no..."

{mama's p.o.v}

I was nearing my prey. I smelled (his/her) fear. Oh how delicious it smelled... I was wandering around the house following the delectable scent of fear. then I came across that dainty silouette. I bared my teeth in hunger. 'come to mama...' as i crept closer (he/she) shook her flashlight. I stopped in my tracks as that flashlight lit the area giving me a good view of (him/her).

It... was a child.

A human child no less, but still they were actually quite... adorable.

Those adorable (favorite color) pajamas with a (logo/picture) on the chest only made (him/her) look more adorable. It made me feel a feeling i haven't felt since 1998.

My tail wagged. my tattered ears twitched. I've always thought of humans, typically their children, to be small whiny sacks of meat. But there's something about this one that interests me... but why?

(He/she) opened their presents way before Christmas! it's far past their bed time!

(She/he)'s a naughty, rebellious child... maybe it's because of (his/her) innocent nature in daylight? Or it's the terror in those teary (color) eyes?

And... the fact (he/she) actually cared for my precious cubs as if they were me? I wish I knew. What I do know is that I'm unable to kill this one in particular... (he/she)... reminded me of my cubs... too precious...

I... must protect this child...

But first, I gotta show I'm not mad anymore..

{reader's p.o.v}

"You're in big trouble!~" Tattletail teased. Boy am I! I was rooted in the spot as the grinding got louder. My light wasn't flickering though? Yesterday wasn't like this? I glanced back and forth as the grinding was RIGHT on top of me. I looked infront of me. there stood mama tattletail. She stared with her piercing red eyes into mine. This was it... before I could even think about making a run for it, she launched into my chest, tackling me straight into the ground, and knocking tattletail out of my grip. He landed safely on his backside, then got up and stared at mama.

His face... he looked confused... she stared at me with some type of look as she stood on my chest, pinning me to the ground. I was scared out of my mind. I didn't know what else I could do. I just laid there stating into her hollow red eyes.

{mama's p.o.v}

The horrified look on (his/her) face was adorable as it was saddening knowing I was the one causing it. The overbearing scent of fear was intoxicating, but I didn't want it coming from (him/her) anymore. The struggling under me felt kind of nice, but I must put a stop to it. (he/she) was so warm and soft. I could fall asleep here if I wanted to. But sigh. There's something I must do, first. I saw the fear intensify as i slowly rested myself on (his/her) chest.

I felt their heartbeat through their little chest on where i sat. I wish I could calm it down. I examined that adorable (color) face blink and stare back at me with those wide (color) eyes. I began to see sweat and tears form on that sweet little face, and I frowned. I can't have that...

{reader's p.o.v}

What is she doing?! Is she toying with me?! Like a kitty cat before killing its prey?! Then i saw a long discolored tongue slip out of her maw and lick those three pointed fangs on her upper jaw. This is where it all ends... killed by a furby.. I felt tears and sweat stream endlessly down my face. Then... i felt that tongue run up and down my face licking away my tears and sweat. But it wasn't in a animalistic, hungry way... more like a puppy trying to comfort its owner after he/she got hurt..

Almost....

Soothingly...?

What is this...?

{Mama's p.o.v}

That should do it. (She/he) seemed to have settled down now. The scent of fear was slowly dwindling and (his/her) breathes became more calmer. I felt (his/her) chest slowly rise and fall as they took deep breaths to calm down further and I wagged my tail slightly. I'm glad. I'm glad (he/she) isn't scared of me anymore...

{reader's p.o.v}

She's... not gonna hurt me? She's just sitting there atop me... just... watching my reactions... what exactly is she planning to do...? I don't understand... and.. I don't know if i like it or not to be honest. I'm being rested on by a large furby creature... I wonder what would happen if I were to pet her?

{mama's p.o.v}
Oh! (He/she's) touching my back..! Well, that was quite unexpected. But I won't deny that (he/she) had such a warm, soft hand. I... never had any human touch me before.. It was nice... but then they began to stroke me. It felt... surprisingly nice to get this attention that my children have gotten.. I began to purr in satisfaction and shut my eyes, leaning into (his/her) hand. I haven't purred in a while, so my purr was rather hoarse and deep unlike my cubs. Oh dear, I hope my fur isn't too matted.. finally, I looked back down at the child. (He/she) had the cutest little smile I've ever received from a human. That reminds me.. "What's your name?" I finally asked.

{reader's p.o.v}

Oh wow. She... she actually likes it..! I was actually feeling much better when i heard mama began to purr. Though it sounded more like a bear or motorboat, that content look on her face and the way she leaned into my hand made it difficult to stop petting. Her fur was rather matted unlike tattletail. But she didn't make constant commands... I liked it.

Then...

"What's your name?" Asked mama in that distorted, hoarse yet feminine voice. It caught me off guard, but i wasn't fazed by this tone. She sounded more curious than hostile after all. ".. (name)" I answered quietly.

{mama's p.o.v}

"(Name)." What a nice name for a child. I rested comfortably on (his/her) chest as that adorable smiling face watched me do so. It only felt like minutes as I sat on (his/her) chest resting comfortably till I turned to the clock and my ears sagged. 12 o'clock. Hm. Time for this child get to bed. I looked at them and got off them. Ugh... how I hate that disappointed look on (his/her) face. But time flies when you're having a fun time..

{reader's p.o.v}

Hey! Why'd she get off? I was beginning to enjoy her warmth. It was actually a bit colder now that she's gotten off... I turned to the clock. Oh no! It's past my bedtime now! I turned to mama. She winked as my flashlight flickered and went out. then the lights came back on. and she was gone... *sigh*.... "Mama likes you!" I heard tattletail exclaim. I grinned in triumph. She does...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I put tattletail back into his box and slipped back into my room. I nestled into my bed and got under my (favorite color) blankets. As I shut my eyes, I felt something jump onto my bed. I felt two small feet approach gently and felt someone pull up the covers over my shoulder. I smiled as I slowly began to fall asleep. Then I heard that voice.

"Mama's looking after you.."