And then it hit.

It was like a piece of metal being dropped on a hard wood floor, just with an enormous ship of silver and beeping lights. Bricks from the gym ceiling suddenly began to fly in all different directions speedily and the whole room became a large cloud of dust.

Before I had time to even think of escaping out the back, I felt a textured piece of tan brick hit me in the forehead, making me fall back on the hard gym floor. I clutched it tightly as I felt the blood start to trickle out of my forehead and I grabbed it where the pain was taking over my concentration. It felt like I had been hit by a baseball bat and slammed with a crowbar.

I couldn't see anything, but the screams told me that something was incredibly wrong, especially when I heard my father scream, "NO!!! ALLEAH!!!"

I opened my eyes a crack to see people shuffling out of the benches desperately, looking to help those who were injured, but the girls that had been playing volleyball were not in good shape and I could see Jessica sprawled out on the floor with a blood trickling out of her gashed cheek.

"Jess, no," I gasped, attempting to scoot over and help her, but I couldn't move. Remembering my powers long enough to heal her, I rescued her by sealing up the gash and giving her a spark of my own energy right before I laid back on the ground in my own pain and couldn't think anymore.

The sound of moving mental and machinery was suddenly heard from close to me, but the lights were suddenly too bright and I couldn't even stand to look to see who it was, though I didn't have to guess hard. Especially when I heard the sound of boots on the hard wood floor. All I could do was hold the wound and breath heavily as I kept losing blood.

"Hello, beautiful," a scratchy masculine voice sounded from above me.

"Father, what happened to that girl right there? She's bleeding," a teenage voice came from the side of the man, and suddenly I got a spark of adrenaline. Could it be him?

"Andrew, that girl right there is your sister Alleah," the man told my brother, who I could hear sucking in a huge breath.

"Alleah? You mean we finally found her?" an excited voice came from my brother. I couldn't help but wonder what he looked like, but my head was still throbbing like a beast and I couldn't take it. Especially when I felt strong arms wrap around my legs and neck, lifting me into some careful arms and comforting me like a little child.

"Yes, son. Now we need to take her home where she belongs and take care of her wounds that these awful people gave her."

"The people gave it to her?" Andrew gasped, making me extremely irritated that he could be so gullable. "How could they be so careless and rude to my sister? They should pay!"

"They should, but we'll take care of them la-"

"Zemlicka, you stop right there and don't you move another muscle," my father's strong voice growled and I felt Zemlicka's head fly up from admiring me as my own eyes flew open to see how bad everything was. In the crowd I could see Ollie and William staring with their mouths gaping open like idiots. I could only imagine what they were thinking.

"Again we meet, Brent," Zemlicka hissed, holding me out to Andrew, who took me and held me tightly like a good big brother. "What brings you here? Trying to disrupt my family again?"

"Zemlicka, you and I both know darn well that you flipped reality with fantasy. Fantasy is that you are their father, but in reality, I am their rightful father. Now give me back my children," my father growled fiercely, making me shiver into Andrew without even thinking about it.

"It's okay, little sister," Andrew whispered to me, slowly swaying as I I were a little baby in his arms. "Father will win this and we'll take you away from this hell and back to where we truly belong."