Happiness - 01

A black haired boy was wandering at the department store, looking for the jacket that his younger brother, Bohyuk, asked him to buy. It was pretty crowded at the mall that day, so it wasn't easy to find a certain jacket he's never even seen before since the boy just described it to him.

"Wonwoo hyung!" Someone called his name. He looked around, looking for the person in the huge crowd, but saw no familiar face.

"Behind you." The voice said. As he turned around, his eyes met Mingyu's.

Ah, Kim Mingyu. Wonwoo's best friend, bro for life, shoulder to cry on, and of course, his first love. Wonwoo confessed to Mingyu a long time ago. But he instantly took it back saying it's just a prank, thinking of how his feelings might ruin their friendship. Mingyu didn't know. He had no clue that whatever Wonwoo said was true.

Wonwoo thought Mingyu would never feel the same way towards him anyway, so he fought the strong urge to sincerely confess what he really felt for the other.

It was hard. It was so hard to hide his feelings.

But he had to do it for Mingyu. For their friendship.

"Hey what are you doing here?" He asked the younger boy, eyeing his hands hidden behind his back.

"Choose. Left or right?" Wonwoo eyed him suspiciously, but answered anyway.

"Left...?" Mingyu instantly shoved a bouquet of flowers at Wonwoo's face, laughing loudly right after.

"Hey!!" The older squirmed at the impact, making Mingyu laugh harder.

"You got the correct one!"

The older boy held the bouquet in his hands, mentally blushing, and asked, "What is this for?" Mingyu showed his friend another bouquet and grinned.

"That one is for you...." He pointed at the white roses Wonwoo was holding. "and this one is for the girl I'm courting." He referred to the bouquet of red tulips in his hand.

Wonwoo's heart sank. Mingyu's courting a girl. He wasn't surprised, though. He knew Mingyu is straight and will end up with a girl someday but he didn't know it would happen sooner than he expected. His heart was breaking.

Why wasn't I born as a girl instead? He questioned life.

"Hey. You still there?" Mingyu waved his hand in front of Wonwoo's face, snapping him back to reality. "Uh yeah. Why did you get me one too, though?" He asked again.

"While I was buying these for the girl I like, I saw the white roses and immediately thought of you. So I bought it. Do you like my gift?" The younger boy grinned at him.

"Yeah....of course." Wonwoo mumbled, making Mingyu's grin grow wider.

"Hey, I have to go. My love will be home from a family trip any time now." He said, looking at his wristwatch. "I'll call you later."

Before he knew it, he was left alone in the huge crowd, a bouquet of precious, delicate white flowers in his arms.

"My love...." Mingyu's voice echoed in his mind.