Chapter 5

Aurora shivered as something cold was pressed against her cheek, moving her head away from it. Something cold pressed against her other cheek, making her move away from it again, turning onto her side.

"Well, she's finally responding..."

"Good."

Aurora shook her head as she tried to set up, but something pressed against her chest. She blinked to see Devone holding her down, Fenir behind him.

"Wha-?"

"You blacked out after gulping down the drink like an idiot. You've been out for almost two days." Devone pressed on her shoulders till she was laying down again. Aurora blinked, rubbing her head.

"And we're a day behind schedule because of it." Fenir growled, staring sharply at the four maids behind him. They looked down before leaving the room.

"Two days...?" she groaned, trying to sit up. Devone shook his head and tried to get her to lay down again, but Aurora pushed his hand away.

"Im fine..." Aurora shook her head, standing up. Trying to walk, she stumbled and nearly hit her head on her dresser. Devone caught her and picked her up, putting her back on the bed.

"You need to stay here and sleep. You're brain is still pretty much asleep."

"Stay here and make sure she stays in bed." Fenir growled before leaving the room, slamming the door. Devone sighed and shook his head before sitting in the chair next to Aurora's bed.

"Is he really that worried about 'falling behind on schedule'? Seems kinda silly..." Aurora sighed, closing her eyes.

"Every being, no matter how intelligant, has two instincts: survive and reproduce. And it's like that for a reason."

Aurora sighed, nodding, "If we didnt have those instincts, the races would die out in the first generation..."

"People often think Demons are beings of death and destruction... But even we have those instincts..." Devone chuckled nervously, leaning back in his chair. Aurora laughed, turning her head to face him. He glanced at her before turning away, cheeks tinged a dark maroon.

"That girl you were talking about at the tavern..." she sat up, hand gripping his sleeve, "Were you talking about me...?" He turned to her, blinking. She frowned and gripped his shirt tighter. Devone stared at the ground, nodding slowly. Aurora loosened her grip on his shirt, laying back down and cover her head with the blanket. Devone reached for her, ut pulled his hand back, shaking his head.

"Fenir wants you to join us for dinner in a few hours... Rest up until then..." he sighed getting up. Aurora pulled the blanket tighter over her head as he left, closing the door quietly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aurora sighed and pulled down her bun as she walked back to her room. She met Tina outside her room. Tina blinked and bowed before holding out a letter. Aurora blinked before taking the letter, tracing her fingers over the wax crest that was sealing it. She smiled at the four-petaled flower pressed into the wax. Aurora nodded to Tina, watching her go down the stairs before opening the letter.

        Darling Aurora,

I hope you have been well. It's hard to believe you've already been gone for almost a month... I honestly hope you and Fenir are... okay. I understand you didnt want to marry him, but laws are laws... Please make the best of it. He truely is a kind man and I hope you can see that.

                        -Your Mother Loves You~

Aurora laughed, folding the letter up and walking in her room, sticking the letter in a box on her dresser. She sat down on her bed, taking off her socks and dress. Aurora looked for her normal night gown, but couldnt find it. Blinking, she picked up the box on the dresser, reading the note attached:

        Sorry for taking your clothes, but you will be wearing this from now on.

                -Fenir

Huffing, Aurora opened the box. Inside was a tight, hip-length white lace dress, white lace bikini-style underwear, and white lace thigh-length socks. Sighing and shivering, she put the outfit on, staring at herself in the mirror. Shaking her head, she sat down and started to braid her hair to the side. Aurora sighed and layed her head down on the vanity, closing her eyes. She sat up when she heard her door close.

"Hmm? Hello?" she got up and looked around.

"Kind hard to see me in the dark, no?"

Aurora jumped as Fenir tightly gripped both of her shoulders, standing behind her. She bit her lip, turning her head until she could see his yellow-green eyes in the darkness. It scared her how much the looked like they were glowing.

"Ah, I didnt mean to scare you... I just wish to remind you about... Tonight~" a rumble echoed from his throat, sounding like a mix between a growl and a purr. She bit her lip hard enough to braw blood. Slowly lifting his hands off her shoulders, she licked the blood off her lips and turned around.

"Ah, as if the outfit wasnt enough of a reminder..." she blinked, gesturing to the skimpy white clothes he had laid out for her. He smiled another growl-purr echoing.

"And I see it fits... Now... You have half an hour before we begin... Unless... You wish to begin sooner~?"

"Most unlikely..." she fowned, shaking her head and crossing her arms. He stood up.

"Either you come to my room between now and then, you I come get you when your time is up." he stroked her cheek before leaving. As he left, Devone came in. Aurora blinked, staring at him.

"Why are you staring at me? And what ae you wearing?" he raised an eyebrow, staying by the door.

"It's what Fenir wants me to wear... To answer your first question... Why are you still here?" she blinked, sitting on her bed.

"Oh, Fenir said I could stay as the 'house doctor'." he smiled, leaning against the wall.

"How conveniant..." she sighed, fixing her braid. Aurora shuddered as she heard Fenir call for her. Shaking her head, she got up. Devone grabbed her arm on the way out.

"Just relax." he smiled. She shook her head.

"I wish I could..." she smiled weakly before gently removing his hand and walking down to Fenir's room, shaking a bit.