Chapter 4

Aurora blinked herself awake when she heard a knock at her door. She gently pushed Devone's foot under the bed before getting up to open the door.

"Nikki...? It's five in the morning... What do you want...?" Aurora blinked, rubbing her eyes. Nikki brushed her hair out of her face, only for it to fall back over her right eye.

"It's your nineteenth birthday... We wanted to celebrate by taking you to the tavern~" Nikki smiled a bucktoothed smile, almost jumping up and down. Aurora sighed and shrugged before closing the door.

"Let me get some decent clothes on..." she yawned, waiting till her footsteps faded before crawling under the bed and shaking Devone awake.

"Oi, what the hell...? The sun hasnt even risen, go back to bed..." he groaned, covering his eyes with his hand. Aurora frowned and jabbed him in the ribs, causing him to almost flip the bed over. She dragged him out and dragged him to the closet. She stuffed one of Fenir's outfits in her bag before getting dressed herself.

"Hey, hey, hey! Dont you think you could have changed before you woke me up!?" he covered his eyes and scooted back, hitting his head on the dresser.

"Not like you havent been watching my change for the last week anyways..." Aurora sighed, pulling her cloak on. Devone huffed as he changed into a cat, climbing into her back before she clipped it close.

"So why are we up so early for?" He yawned, stcking his nose out from under the cover flap.

"Some of the girls want to take me out for my birthday." she sighed as she reached the door.

"Oh, I forgot that was today... Then tomorrow..."

"Yeah, dont remind me..." She shuddered as she opened the door, Nikki and Sue waiting for her. They smiled and started to started to skip down the stairs, Aurora folling more slowly. At the front door, they met with Kara, a Deer Fauna, and Tina, a Rabbit Fauna. They four of them smiled before shoving Aurora out the door and down to the street. Aurora smiled and followed them down to the Sunnyside Tavern and Inn, which wasnt too far away. She let them go inside before her, allowing her to throw her bag and Devone into the alley next to it.

"Get dressed and come inside." she whispered before walking inside. The four of them stared at her, blinking.

"Who were you talking to?" Sue asked, looking outside.

"An old friend. He said he had some errends to run, but he said he'd join me for a drink." she smiled, sitting down at one of the empty round tables. A few moments later, Devone walked in, cloak wrapped tightly around his shoulders. He smiled and layed his hand on the chair between Kara and Nikki.

"This seat taken ladies?" he asked softly. Both of them shook their heads, moving over a bit to let him sit down.

"That's your friend? He's a demon!" Sue shook Aurora's arm. She laughed and nodded.

"I know that. He's here looking for a job as a Doctor." she smiled, glancing up at Devone before the waitress came over.

"You guys are here nice and early~ What can I get you guys?" she smiled, flipping over her note pad.

"Hi Jane~! Everyone but Aurora is having the usual." Nikki smiled, pointing to Aurora.

"I see.. And what will she and the man be having?"

"Surprise me~" Devone grinned, leaning back in his chair. Jane nodded and smiled. Aurora blinked and opened her mouth, but Nikki interupted her by hooking her arm around her neck.

"Girlie's having the 'Birthday Special'~!" Nikki giggled and Jane blinked.

"Well, happy birthday then! I'll tell Nick and have them out as soon as possible~!" Jane smiled and stuck her pencil behind her pointed ears before walking off. Devone tapped his fingers on the table, watchin Jane go.

"Something wrong?" Aurora asked, blinking.

"Not really... Just noticed she's an Elemental." he shrugged, crossing his hands and leaning on them. Nikki blinked.

"You sure? How can you tell just by looking at her?" Sue asked, leaning forward.

"Well, first off... She has really shiny hair and her movements are graceful, even when she tripped going behind the bar." Devone shrugged, smiling as Jane came back with their drinks.

"Here ya guys are~! Enjoy!" she smiled. Before she could walk off, Devone grabbed her wrist.

"Ah, before you go... May I ask if you're a Water Elemental?"

"Ah, yes...! How did you know...?" Jane blinked, causing everyone else at the table to look at him. He smiled, letting go of his wrist.

"As a doctor, I should be able to tell a patient's species apart at a glance. Your hair gave it away." He pointed to her sloppy bun, which was dripping. Jane smiled, wiping her hair out of her face.

"Since you're so skilled... I'll bring you an extra drink~" Jane smiled before turning to leave. Sue giggled and leaned forward.

"Jane just flirted with you...!"

"Im not interested though... I love someone else..." He sighed, taking a sip of his drink. The four girls slumped back in their chairs, but Aurora leaned forward.

"And who is that?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. Devone nearly spit his drink out, wiping his mouth. He set his drink down, shaking his head.

"No one... I cant even be with her, so what's the point of mentioning her...?"

"Why can you be with her? Is she already married?" Kara asked, blinking.

"Sadly..." He sighed, taking another sip of his drink.

"So you guys have the same laws as us?" Aurora , leaned forward again, sipping her drink. She licked her lips and pulled the glass away from her lips. The liquid was clear except for the sparkles inside that kept changing color.

"Tastes nice, right~? The magic they flavor it makes it taste like cake, which is why they call it the Birthday Special~!" Nikki grinned, taking a sip of her own drink.

"Careful though. One knocked Nikki out for three days." Sue giggled.

"Yeah, but she also had three beers before or after it." Tina pointed out, shrugging. Everyone laughed when Nikki huffed and turned a light pink.

"If it does the same to me, good... I'd like to be unconcious for the next three days..." Aurora sighed, drinking half her drink before setting the glass down, "Holy shit that's sweet!"

"Yup, sweetest acohol around!" Jane laughed as she came back with Devone's second drink. Devone nodded and smiled before taking the drink.

"Good thing I cant get drunk easily!" Devone laughed, gulping it down.

"Haha..." Aurora laughed, vision blurring.

"Quick, someone catch her!"

"Lets get her back to the house."

Aurora tried to open her eyes, but they felt weighted. She started to fade out as someone picked her up, slinging her arm over their shoulder and gripping it with one hand. The other hand reached around her back and picked her up.