Chapter 2

Aurora stared at her now empty bedroom. The only things that had remained were her bed, dresser, mirror, and a few pictures. Her head snapped to her open door before Yuijin could knock. He crossed his arms, leaning in the door way. Sighing, Aurora got up and faced him.

"At least try to be happy." He frowned, not getting out of the doorway.

"How can I be happy?"

"At least look happy?"

"Yuijin, I dont love him."

He sighed, stepping out of the doorway and hooking his arm around her neck, "Well, you need to. He is the one your mother chose for you to marry." She shook her head and slipped under his arm, walking out into the hallway. She leaned against the railing, staring at the front door.

"I don't know how I'm going to cope with this Yuijin..."

"You will find a way. You always do." he shook his head, squeezing her shoulder. She shook her head and gripped the railing tighter. He sighed.

"Yuijin... We're basically animals... You know what's always on a male animal's mind..."

"Haha, yeah... I do..." He chuckled nervously before sighing, "You have every right not to do that though..."

"I know, but what if he uses f-" her attention snapped to the door when she heard a knock. She shook her head and ran back inside her room. Yuijin sighed and went to open the door. Fenir greeted him with a grin.

"Is she re-"

"She will be down when she is." Yuijin said coldly, blocking the doorway. Fenir frowned, trying to see around him. He growled, tail flickering impatiantly.

"Move." Fenir growled. Yuijin stared at him coldly, not moving. Before Fenir could hurt Yuijin, Aurora called out from behind Yuijin.

"Im ready, so let go of my nanny."

"Nanny?" Fenir scoffed, holding Yuijin by his collar. He laughed and let go, "A deer is a nanny for a house of cats? Pathetic! You're meant to be a slave, not a nanny!"

Aurora growled and rammed her fist into the back of Fenir's knee, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt, "Utter one more negative thing about Yuijin and your pelt is mine. Understand?" Fenir nodded, eyes staring at Yuijin. She let him go and he brush his clothes off. Fenir huffed and placed his hand on her back, guiding her towards the front carriage. Before getting in, she turned around and waved to Yuijin and her mother, who had just joined him. Sighing, she got in and sat down, followed by Fenir waving the driver off and taking a seat across from her.

"Please dont look so sad..."

"How can I not be sad? Im leaving the home I grew up in..." she shook her head, staring out the window. Fenir frowned, grabbing her wrist. She flinched, trying to yank herself free. The carriage rattled as if they had ran over something and it slowly stopped. Fenir growled and opened the carriage door.

"The hell?" he yelled, jumping out and heading towards the front.

"I-Im sorry sire, but we hit something!" The driver stuttered, wiping his forehead with his hat. Aurora jumped out and looked under the carriage. She blinked and pulled out from under it a small black cat.

"Fenir! It's hurt!" She cried, holding it. There was a large gash on the side of it's head, most likely from horses nearly stepping on it. She picked it up and got back into the carriage, followed by Fenir. As it slowly started moving again, Aurora wrapped a bit of old cloth aroun the gash, laying the cat on her lap.

"Something that small stopped the cariage...?"

"I dont know. Maybe the driver was being a bit over dramatic..." Aurora shrugged, stroking the cat. They didnt make eye contact for the rest of the ride, Aurora staring out the window and Fenir staring at the cat. As the carriage slowed down again, Fenir threw the door open and helped Aurora out. He lead her up to a room that was nearly twice as big, a large canopy bed in the center and a dresser on the far wall. She nodded to him and he frowned, closing the door-and locking it.