Chapter Thirteen: Lake Encke

Start from the beginning

I sat at the same table with the thriller book I started last night. It was always a rush to read books, my imagination was really broad and always made me feel like the main character. Hell! My life at this moment could be a thriller. Katy sat across from me texting on her phone, blushing non-stop and giggling; most definitely Carl on the other side of that conversation.

"I see you started a new book," Thomas De'Vange glances down at the table before taking a seat close by. The tray of cafeteria food looked small in his hands and the welcoming smile became brighter once I acknowledged his presence.

"Yeah, a novel. I finished the comic, it's good; didn't take you as a romance guy though."

He shrugged his shoulders and played with the mash potatoes smothered by the gray gravy; surprising it always taste good. "I'm starting to try new things."

"This is where you ran off too." There it is, the blonde bitch that's stuck in everyone's life but her own. Tanya wiggles her way on Thomas lap and kissed his lips before giving me a glare. "What's going on?"

"Just talking about comics." He answered before smothering her with kisses to distract Tanya from the fact we were talking in the first place.

She rolled her eyes slowly, "I forgot you were such a geek, luckily you're sexy." I went back to my novel when Katy and I shared eye contact, both of us became sick to our stomach when hearing the kissing noises that the popular couple made in the middle of the lunch room. "Hey, party at my house. You two should be there, I want to meet Carl." The bitch voiced with mug tease and confidence.

"Six girls are dead and you want to throw a party?"

Tanya shrugged her shoulders, of course she doesn't care, no one cares unless they're thrown in that situation. "It's a party in their thrown memory. It's Saturday night, be there."

"Can't we already have plans." Katy spoke up, her voice was still squeaky and soft like a mouse but she was still heard. "Thanks anyway."

Tanya slowly rolled her eyes at the sweet girl response. "I'm bored, let's go." Before Thomas could even take a bite, he was being dragged out the cafeteria to probably make-out under the bleaches. Katy rolled her eyes and went back to texting while I went back to my imagination.

***

What was it that pushed people to murder? Pain? The thrill? The satisfaction it cause psychos to have? Even before this happened, before the murders started I tried to wrap my mind around it. You see, I wanted to know why, to think if my father wasn't Bipolar- if he saw his co-workers checking out my mother, we he still drive over that bridge. Most definitely not, them again people break.

I steady myself on a log, my arms were out like a eagle taking felt, one foot in front of the other as if I were a gymnast. Katy was back playing with her snails and amphibians near the creak before she has to go home to lock down. "Why are you so fascinated with snails and stuff?"

"When I was a kid, my grandfather would take me to the near by lake in his hometown. He had his own fascination on bugs- fireflies mostly- then I just fell in love with snails and frogs." She placed a snail in her hand, probably the same one from yesterday. "That and my mom always tell me the bedtime story of the princess and the frog."

"Cute." I comment while jumping off the log.

"What do you like to do?"

I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't have much hobbies for a teenager; I tried many things but known of them lasted over six months. I even tried cheerleading in sophomore year, the most embarrassing thing I've ever done. "I love books, I would wrap my life around them if I could."