6

Morgana told me where we were going so that I could go another way in secret. Since it was still light out, I had to be careful. I don't think either one of us was ready to announce my presence to the world. After all, it's been months since I've been around other people. I almost forgot how to act correctly.

When I'm with Morgana, I could act any way I wish. Same with her when she's with me. This is probably the main reason why we enjoy each others company so much. We live in our own little bubble away from society. Together we don't worry about what anyone else may think, and with the mutual respect and somewhat trust we've gained throughout our troubles, we're more comfortable when it's just us. 

However, while it was normal to banter and share mutual respect with Arthur in public, doing so with Morgana would be considered scandalous in a way. We were afraid of the rumors that would spread. We were afraid Morgana's morals would be questioned. She's come a long way from her darkness. For her to be pushed back all because of our way of being around each other would cause not only her so much pain but me as well. 

This is why I never argue with her when she tells me to go somewhere in secret. 

I met up with her in her favorite tower where she practices most of her magic. No one dares to bother her when she's in this room. Everyone knows that when she's practicing magic alone in here,  to leave her alone. We're actually in here alone a lot of the time. 

One time, we were almost found out by a serving girl. She was out searching for her boss apparently and stumbled into this room while Morgana was learning a new spell. I was off to the side making sure nothing went wrong when I saw the movement out the windows. I quickly hid behind one of the curtains before she walked in. 

Morgana seeing this, turned around to face the young girl. Let's just say that Morgana wasn't in the mood to play nice that day. The serving girl apologized before running out as fast as she could. I scowled Morgana when I reappeared from the curtain. She shrugged and sighed before ending her practice for the day. Morgana claimed that she could have seen me and spread it around in gossip.

From that day on, no one dares come up to this room, afraid of receiving her wrath. 

Morgana was running around the room searching through bookshelves. I watched until she found the book she was looking for. Searching the pages, she stopped in the middle. A smile escaped her lips. She walked up to me and looked up into my eyes.

 She walked up to me and looked up into my eyes

"This is it," she told me. I scrunched my brows together in confusion as I stepped forward and reached for the book. She gave it to me so I could read the pages.

Finding What Your Heart Yearns For

It was a spell that could possibly help, but there was only one problem.

"How do you know that it's the dragons that your heart truly yearns for? It could be something that even you're not aware of yet," I explained.

"Because Merlin, what else could I possibly desire more than to set dragons free in the land of Camelot? All I've ever wanted was for magic and magical creatures to be treated fairly. After what Uther's done, I wish to change the kingdoms way of thinking. I just want them to see that these creatures aren't as bad as one may think. Just as magic and its followers aren't as bad."