"Hey, Lucas isn't here?" I ask when I only find Jason sitting on the couch.

He glances at me, then stares back at the fireplace. "With Adam," he sighs.

"Aw Jase," I pout as he's standing up from his seat.

"Whatever," he mumbles under his breath as he's walking past me.

I sigh, and follow him outside to his car.

We're at school a couple minutes later, and it takes a couple more minutes to find a parking spot.

As we're walking towards the entrance, Jason comes to a halt, and I turn around raising my eyebrows at his angry behavior. "What's going on?"

His gaze is still locked on whatever is happening in front of him, but he nods his head to the direction he's looking at.

Huffing out a puff of air, I turn around and find Lucas and Adam smirking at our direction.

Oh great. I roll my eyes at the staring contest they're having, and drag Jason by the arm towards the front of the school.

Once we're nearing the doors, Adam begins jogging in our direction. Oh great, again.

He stops right in front of me, and eyes my whole face, body, and then focuses his gaze on my bruised cheek I tried my best to cover with foundation.

His face sobers up, losing the typical smirk on his face. He raises his hand, slowly palming my cheek while dragging his thumb softly across the bruise.

I flinch, and he removes his hand off my face.

Suddenly, Lucas is right next to Adam.

I lower my eyes, not wanting to stare at his intense gaze. All four of us are silent.

After what feels like a minute, I look up and find Lucas's eyes trained on me.

"Sunshine..." Adam says, causing me to look away from Lucas's all-consuming gaze.

I laugh bitterly. "Trust me, I'm no Sunshine, Adam."

Adam smirks, putting a random strand of hair behind my ear. "Well I somehow doubt that. You're here. And you're brightening my day."

For the first time in the last couple days, Lucas and Jason have something in common - their annoyance of Adam.

Lucas continues to glare at him, and Jason takes this moment to grasp my bicep, dragging me into the school.

"Hey, I need to talk to him," I say, tugging my arm out of his hold, but fail when he tightens his grip on me.

"Who?" Jason asks, zig-zagging through people in the hall.

"Adam. I need to ask what's his deal," I explain in a duh tone.

Jason doesn't respond, and doesn't stop walking.

For good measure, I try to tug my arm out of his hold once again, but fail. Eh, at least I can say I tried.

We're outside room 231 soon after, and Jason finally lets go of me.

He turns around swiftly, staring at me intensely. "Meet me in room 322 at lunch." At that, he turns around, walking into class.

I follow him into class, ready to ask him what for, but get interrupted by Anna and Lauren.

Damn it.

By the time lunch comes, I can't leave the room fast enough.