Gary

„We are receiving a communication from Director Sharpe. Again..." Gideon told me, while I was on my way to the bridge.

I rolled my eyes. We probably did something wrong with fixing our current anachronism, and now AVA would tell me everything we did wrong. As always.
„Put her on" I said though.

„Captain Lance"
Ava's face appeared on one of our monitors.

"Director Sharpe. It's been a while. Thankfully"
I replied trying to not sound too annoyed.
"Let me guess.. You saw that there's a level 10 anachronism and you're calling to lecture me on everything we're doing wrong" I stated.

Ava frowned.
"No, actually I called because -"
She interrupter herself and looked at me in shock.
"THERE IS A LEVEL TEN ANACHRONISM??"

I heard a bottle fall to the ground and turned around.
Ray was standing right behind me and looked scared at the monitor, from which Ava had just shouted at me.

"Well...my team and I, we have it under control. So no need to worry"
I smiled at her.

„I hope so. But that's not why I called"
Ava said and suddenly looked concerned.

„What's wrong?"

„This morning, Gary went missing. I actually wouldn't be that concerned, but it's GARY and we both know that he'll be dead, if we don't find him in the right time"
Ava paused.
„We know, that he has his time portal, which would be a relief, if it would be someone else who was missing.
Sometimes I'm not even sure if he knows how that thing works"
She looked at me again and bit her lip.

„And...?" I asked.
It was clear that she wanted something.

„Well..I could use someone who could join me on that mission" Ava admitted and you could see that she didn't like to ask that.
„Someone who knows, how to fight and how to not break time.. usually"

„So you're asking for my help?" I smirked and leaned against the table.
It was really funny seeing Ava being helpless.

„No!"

I raised an eyebrow.

„Okay, yes"
Ava lowered her eyes for a moment, as if she was not sure what to say next.
„And.. we could use your jumpship, if you're okay with that"

„I am" I agreed.
„So when will you be-"
Before I could even finish that sentence, a time portal opened and Ava entered the waverider.

Impressed I looked at her.
"Well that was fast"

"Thank you" she just said and made her way to the jumpship.

I cast Ray an excusing look and quickly followed Ava.
This was MY timeship and it really felt weird that AVA was leading the way. It almost made me feel angry.

"So what's your plan?" I asked when we reached the jumpship and Ava had opened the tiny door.

"Rescue Gary" she simply said.

I frowned.
"Even my plans are better and have more... content"

Ava sighed.
"I have to admit, that this plan isn't really structured yet, but we can't lose any time.
Gary is gonna be dead within the next hour"

I slowly nodded and entered the jumpship together with Ava.

She immediately sat down and started pushing some buttons, trying to start the jumpship.
It didn't start.