A Gentleman?

“Alex! Alex! Over here!” Photographers shouted at us. Alex gripped my hand as we crossed the street. We made our way into The Grove. I breathed a sigh of relief as the paparazzi backed off. I will never get used to those guys. The perks of dating a celebrity.

“Where do you want to go?” Alex asked. “Urban Outfitters, definitely,” I smiled. We went in and I spotted a sale. “Sale!” I said and ran toward it, Alex laughing behind me. I smiled as I pawed through dresses. I grabbed a bunch and headed to the dressing room. I ended up buying two dresses, three shirts, a new hat, a book, and some TOMS. What can I say, I love Urban Outfitters.

“Ready?” Alex asked. I nodded and we went to StarBucks. I ordered a frappacino as always and I spotted a familiar brown-haired girl. “Crap,” I whispered. “What was that?” Alex asked. “Oh nothing,” I said, watching as the girl went to order. Please don’t recognize me. Please don’t recognize me. I faced toward the window as she came over to the spot where you pick up your order.

“Kiara? What are you doing?” Alex asked. “Oh, just people watching. Looking at all the cute outfits,” I lied, peering out the window. “Kiara,” a man said and turned to see my frappacino sitting there. I glanced over at her; she didn’t recognize me. Thank God. “Thanks,” I told the guy as he handed Alex his drink. I practically ran out of the shop.

“Kiara? What the heck? You’ve been acting really weird lately,” Alex said as we walked down the street. “Who, me? I have not,” I lied. “Seriously, KiKi, what was going on in there?” “Nothing,” “You practically sprinted out of the store,” I stopped walking. He was onto me. “It was really nothing,” I said. “I don’t like secrets, Kiara. I tell you everything and I thought you did too,” “I do tell you everything,”

“Alright, then who was that girl? Your eyes got huge when she walked in and then you started acting weird,” “I just thought she was someone else, that’s all,” I lied pretty convincingly. “Fine, whatever,” He muttered, knowing that I would never tell him. “Just promise me that you’ll be totally honest with me?” He asked. I had no choice but to nod. 

~

“Alex! Alex! Over here!” People called for Alex. His arm left my waist as he walked over to the line of press. I made my way to the end of the red carpet and into the theater. I wasn’t going to wait up. I got a drink and wandered around the theater. I talked to some of my Hollywood friends until it was time for the movie to start. I slid into my seat next to Alex.

“Where have you been?” He whispered, sounding a bit aggravated. “Just talking to some people,” I whispered back. He leaned away from me, most likely rolling his eyes. What was his problem lately? He started whispering to his costars next to him instead of me. If he missed me so much, then why wasn’t he talking to me? He’s been so irritable lately. Where was the Alex I used to know? A few minutes into the movie, I told Alex I was going to the bathroom. He didn’t give me a second look.

Whatever. I was so sick of him. I went to the bathroom and called my dad. “Can you come pick me up?” “What’s wrong?” “I don’t want to stick around,” I said. “Alright, I’ll be there in fifteen minutes,” “Thanks, Dad. Love you,” “Love you too. See you soon,” He said and I ended the call. I waited out front on the deserted red carpet where the photographers and press were on brake.

“Hey, aren’t you Alex’s girlfriend?” One asked me as I walked by. I didn’t respond. I stood on the sidewalk for a few minutes until my dad came. “Are you sure everything’s okay?” I nodded, lying. I shut my eyes as we drove off into L.A. 

~

“What the heck, Kiara?!” Alex yelled into the phone. “You weren’t paying attention to me. I figured it would just be easier for you if I went home,” “Why do you always make everything about you?” Hold up; he did not just say that.

“About me?! It ALWAYS about you, Alex! Ever since Cody and I broke up, it’s been about you! Nothing is ever about me! You don’t even know what ballet I’m in right now!” “Yes I do!” “Really? Then what is it?” “Uhm...” “That’s what I thought,” I said and hit end. I fell back on my bed.

Why was everything with Alex so different than with Cody? Cody always treated me right, well except for a few incidents, but Alex barely ever treated me right anymore. Alex and I were always fighting. Was that good or bad? I’ve only dated two guys, who are both famous, so I don’t know that much about how a normal relationship works. I sighed.

Sometimes I wished I could just dump Alex, but my manager says it’s good publicity for both of us and that I’m not allowed to dump him. I’m also scared about his temper. I thought about calling Allie, but then realized that I couldn’t talk to her. Not after what happened. I closed my eyes and tried to find sleep. Thankfully, sleep came a few minutes later.

I really really wanted to update this so it's not very long, but I think it's pretty good. So Cody's coming back soon! Yay! Probably one of the next two chapters!

Oh man! I have 99 fans!!! I just need 1 MORE! EEP! How exciting!! :D

I always forget to tell people this, but if you have any ideas, don't hesitate to share them with me! Criticism, corrections, and votes are always encouraged!!

I wonder if you guys even read this?lolz (How does lolz make sense because it's like "Laugh out loudz"?) So many questions!

hahahh I love my fans so so so much!!!!(:

Emmi :)