I let out a sigh. Should I have known that it was mainly Louis' doing? I guess he seemed to be crueler and more physical towards me than Zayn had ever really been. I remember all the times where Louis would be the one always initiating things. Zayn rarely ever did. 

"Why'd you do it? If it was Louis, then why'd you seem to enjoy bullying me so much?" My arms crossed over my chest, getting tired of hanging down by my sides. 

"It sounds to me like you want an apology. My mum thinks I owe you one since she met you and yours in the principal's office. The woman sure gave me hell when she got home, slapped me right in the face as well. You've made her break her silence." 

Of course, I'd really like to hear an apology but I wanted more than just those two words. I'd like to hear more of why he was sorry because he could easily just get away with being short with me. If he didn't want to tell me, then 'sorry' lacked its meaning because it wouldn't have one. 

Now, break your silence. 

"You really want to get into this?" He asked me, seeming quite annoyed with the fact that I was actually   livelier towards him. He was used to me being on the ground by now on the verge of tears. I wondered if he ever pictured that and felt proud. I wondered if his mind would replay all of those terrible things just before he went to sleep, feeling like he's done some great things in his life. 

"Yeah, I do." I said, exhaling deeply.

Zayn scratched the back of his neck as he looked down to the ground. I thought I had known Zayn as this over-confident person but I haven't seen him that way in a long time. It was actually strange for me to see him this way because I just wasn't used to it. I don't think I'd ever get used to seeing someone who was once cruel change to good. Maybe as I got older I just wouldn't care anymore. Right now, I still cared. 

Then Zayn looked up and shrugged his shoulders and took a step back as he reached his hand into the pocket of his jacket, revealing his lighter seconds later. His thumb began flicking at the wheel, sometimes creating the spark for the flame and other times failing to make it. His brown eyes seemed more concentrated on the lighter than of me, the person he should be paying attention to. 

"When I burned you, you didn't scream." He flicked the lighter once more, before stopping the repetitive motion. "Burns hurt like a bitch, you do know that?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm quite aware that they do." I put my arm behind my back, the one that had Zayn going off of memories instead of giving me any reasons why. "What's your point?"

"My point," his voice sounded like he was annoyed that I was being too persistent on what I wanted, "is that Louis was my best friend, practically my brother at that time. I'd do anything for that bloke, no questions asked because I know he holds shit back just like you do."

"He holds back?" I almost sounded disgusted. The last thing Louis Tomlinson has ever done to me was hold back. I shook my head. It was my turn to scoff at Zayn, only because his reason wasn't what I wanted to hear or believe. "Was he holding back every time he called me a name? Or what about the times he kicked and hit me? Yeah, if that's holding back, then Louis' a pro."

I was more angry than I thought I would be and I felt that I had the right to be. I hoped that as I began to lash out that it would turn into confidence instead of going down to their level. I wasn't going to hold myself back from making noise about this anymore. 

"You need to watch your words." Zayn warned me as he placed his lighter back into his pocket. He snapped his head over towards the field when the crowd erupted again.

"So, what? You did all of this to please your best friend? You might want to pick a different one or maybe just tell me the truth." 

"You shut your mouth!" Zayn raised his voice as he pointed a finger towards me. "You know nothing about Louis." By this point Zayn was right in my face, his finger jabbing into me, just below my collarbone.