Chapter 42

We were all called down to the lobby again for our team meeting, taking up all the seats there and in the dining area. The coach let us know what time he would be messaging Harry to be back down here so we could all get on the bus and head to the arena for the match. He mentioned last night and he was glad the only rule that seemed to be broken was curfew. I hoped that made Harry breathe a little bit easier. 

There were a few times during the meet up that I had looked over to Harry, still thinking of my realisation that I was now in love with him. I wondered if it had happened before that moment in the hotel, like I wasn't able to feel it but it had always been there. I wondered how he felt as well, if just maybe he was going through something similar as me. It probably was easier for him to keep busy with the matches coming up then sorting out his feelings. He's put everything into football and it has been used as a clutch of hope before. 

I stared at the way he did towards the coach. His head was tilted slightly upwards, his eyes narrowed in. They were directed on the coach's face but they were on his words, like he could actually see them as they left his lips, instead of just hearing them. It was his eyes that processed them before his mind did. Harry's body remained still throughout the coach's entire speech, zoning the world out, not once catching a quick glance across the room towards me. 

We still had plenty of time before the match would begin. The coach let us go back to whatever it was we were doing, which I don't think I'll be returning to kissing Harry. Before everyone one stood up from their seats the coach scanned around the room and nodded his head in approval of his lot of boys. 

As the team all relocated to the lift, groups of boys were planning what to do next with their time. Some wanted to go to the pool again, some wanted to go back to sleep until the match, and a choice few wanted to go along with Harry's idea to go outside and find somewhere to have a little practise before the match. 

Harry, followed by myself, Liam and Dan, went back to our room so Harry could get the ball. Michael and Josh said they would wait for us down in the lobby. I stayed behind with Dan in the hallway as Liam and Harry went inside the room to get the ball. I didn't speak much to Dan. I thought he was going to speak to me when he lifted his head from the floor but then I heard Josh speaking from behind me.

"Yeah, I don't think we'll be out behind the car park." He stated, Michael catching up with him and leaning against the wall. "It looks like we're about to get hit with a good amount of rain."

I felt my heart sink when Josh mentioned that it was raining. It wasn't that I was upset because of the rain, rather I was just hoping that the weather wasn't going to ruin the day.

"But I've got an idea," Michael added in. "Why don't we just practise around up here? We are the only ones really taking up this floor. It's not like we'll be that much of a bother." 

"You really think Harry's going to agree to that?" Josh asked him as he shook his head, knowing that Michael's request was going to sound ridiculous to Harry.  

"What am I not going to agree to?" We all looked to see Harry approaching the open doorway, twirling the ball between his fingertips. He stopped and leaned onto the door frame. "What's going on now?"  He directed his look over to Josh and then to Michael, waiting for someone to speak up and tell him what he wanted to know. 

"There's going to be a bit of rain so we wouldn't be able to be outside for more than 10, 15, minutes." Josh explained. "So, Michael suggested that we just play in the hallway." Josh looked over to Michael, giving him a rather angry look because he didn't want to be the one getting told off by Harry.

I looked over to Harry, wondering if he was going to call his teammates fools or just shake his head at them. I already knew that it Harry wasn't going to joyously agree just like everyone else. So, we all waited for him to shoot Michael down.