Training Day Part 1

We ate our sandwiches and headed out on the road again. We walked for quite a few hours. Route 2 was definitely much longer than Route 1. Eventually, we saw Striaton City in the distance. We were too exhausted to run. When we reached the city, it looked like the movies. Perfect orange lighting throughout. We headed for the Pokemon Center, only, we didn't know where it was.

"Excuse me sir, can you tell us where the Pokemon Center is?" Devin asked a formally dressed man with blue hair. He looked like a waiter at a five-star restaurant.

He blinked at us. "Yeah its straight down this road. Do you need directions to the gym too?" he asked.

"Yeah! We'll be challenging it soon!" Sophia said.

"That'll be about a block west of the Pokemon Center," he said.

"Thanks!" I said and we started walking again.

Once inside the Pokemon Center, we ordered our meal. Travis struck up the conversation this time.

"So if we go to Kanto next, what would we do?" he asked.

"We don't know much about the region. Why don't we just plan our Kanto journey when we get there?" I replied.

"Did you guys say you were going to Kanto next?" an unfamiliar voice said. A girl walked up to us and stood there.

"Um, yeah. Have you been there before?" I asked.

"No, but as soon as I get the badges from Nacrene City and Castelia, I'll be heading there. What about you guys? How many badges do you have from here?" she said.

"None, we just started a couple days ago. We're challenging Striaton City's gym soon," Sophia said. She sounded like she wanted this girl to be gone.

"Aw, I hoped I could get some partners through Kanto," she turned to walk away.

"Well, if you're going to Castelia, we can go with you until then, but we'll have to part ways there," I said.

"Great! I'm Tori," she said.

"I'm Devin. This blonde next to me Travis, and across from us is Sophia," I introduced. When I looked at Sophia, it was clear that she didn't like this girl.

"So, Sophia," Travis said, "whats your goal in the world?"

"I kind of just want to complete the Pokedex for the Unova region," she replied.

"You don't want gym badges?" Tori asked, who had pulled up a chair next to us and sat down by this point.

"I'm still thinking about that. I'll make a decision by tomorrow, though," she said, with a slightly venomous tone. I seemed to be the only one to notice.

We sat in silence since then. Our food arrived and it was still silent. We went to sleep. The next morning, after we woke up, we were discussing what to do from here.

"Well, there's a battle club in the city, maybe you could train there," Tori suggested.

"A battle club?" Travis asked.

"Yeah, its where all the trainers go to battle each other with whoever the challenging trainer chooses from the system," Tori explained.

"That might be a good place for Sophia and I to have our first battle!" I said. After all, we both had two Pokemon. It would be good training for us.

"I think that's a good idea!" Sophia perked up at the opportunity to battle.

"Emo!" Emolga hopped up on my shoulder from playing with the other Pokemon. She gave a smile, clearly excited for a battle, too.