The Blitzle went to Splitsville

The four of us came to a large patch of strangely blue grass up to our chests. Some trainers were walking through it, looking for Pokemon I assumed.

"Why is the grass blue?" Sophia asked. Her answer came with a random battle starting.

"Swadloon, Razor Leaf! Dewott, Razor Shell!" I saw a double battle going on in the small field. The trainer was battling a Lillipup and a Pidove. He one with just those attacks. The wild Pokemon ran away.

"Hey! Excuse me!" I yelled to the trainer. He looked at us then ran through the grass to us.

"Hello," he said.

"Yeah, hi. Can you tell us what the deal is with the grass?" I asked.

"Oh, you must be newer trainers. The blue grass has stronger Pokemon than what you usually find anywhere else. More than one can also show up causing you to go into a Double Wild Battle," he explained.

"Ah. Okay," I said. I thanked him for his help and he left us. "Well, let's get to searching!" I said. We didn't need to though. Out of the grass, attacking us, was a Patrat and Pidove. This was the perfect time to use my new Pokemon.

"Woobat!"

"Tepig!"

"Woobat, use Confusion!" I said. Woobat's move swallowed Pidove in a violet shell. It distorted the world, the squeezed the little Pokémon. "Now Gust!" Woobat flapped its little wings and sent Pidove flying back into the grass. Travis had just finished off the Patrat with Tepig's Tackle.

"Blitz?" I heard from nearby. I saw a flash of white which disappeared. I ran after it, Travis close behind.

"Let's go!" I said. I jumped into the grass and started chasing the figure ahead. It decided to turn around and launch a shock wave at us. "Emolga, Thunder Wave," I said, casting out Emolga's Pokemon and running simultaneously. Emolga reacted upon forming and quickly charged the attack and launched it. The moves collided in the air and created a smoke cloud. Blitzle led us into the trees where we quickly followed. It started climbing up some rocks I had to parkour up, by which I mean jumping, but quickly though. I almost fell at the top of the rock hill and stopped to regain my balance.

Travis blew past me and let out Tepig. "Flame Charge!" He said.

Smart I thought. Tepig's speed will be raised the more he uses Flame Charge which should give him the advantage in this little race. Blitzle was still running pretty far ahead of us as I took off again. He disappeared into a, I wouldn't even call it a cave, it was more a cubby hole.

"Oh no!" Travis said. We couldn't fit in there and we weren't going to let our Pokemon go in there alone. I got an idea.

"Ok we are leaving now!" I said loud enough the Blitzle should hear. Instead of actually leaving, I climbed on the top of the hill.

Travis gestured as if saying, "You're nuts. What are you doing?" I waved for him to come up. He shook his head and gave him my best "You're being difficult" look. He sighed and climbed up.

"What are you doing?" he whispered.

"Keep quiet, we'll wait Blitzle out then you can battle it when he shows up," I said barely audible.

"What?" Was all he could get out before I shushed him. Blitzle's nose poked out of the hole. I slid back out of view as I started to see its entire body. I nodded to Travis. He stood up quickly. "Tepig, Flame Charge!" he said. Tepig rushed by him, but we weren't prepared for Blitzle's next move. It covered it's body in fire and ran away from us, picking up significant distance between Tepig who disappeared behind the leaves. It used Flame Charge.