Striaton Gym Battle With Extra Tri!

"Guys, I think I've decided on something," the three of us looked at Sophia. "I've decided that I dont want to do the Gym Challenge." Travis and I looked at each other.

"So what are you going to do then?" Travis asked.

"Before my parents were taken by Team Rocket, they were a Coordinator Duo. So I thought, to carry on their legacy, I'd become one too." she said.

"Wow, that's great!" I said. "What's a Coordinator Duo?"

Sophia facepalmed. "A Coordinator Duo is when two people enter a competition and compete together. They'd do a double battle in the second round."

"Cool," Travis said.

"I think I'm going to start training with Cyxia today while you guys are challenging the gym," Sophia said.

"That sounds like a good idea!" I said.

"I'll give you and Cyxia room to train and go with the guys," Tori said.

"Thanks," Sophia said. She called Cyxia over from the corner of the room the Pokemon were playing in. She came walking over. Sophia said a quick goodbye then went out the door.

"We should probably get going too," I said. I picked up my bag and Emolga jumped onto my shoulder.

***

We were outside the gym within a few minutes. The torches weren't lit during the day but the little courtyard still looked amazing. I hopped up the steps, Butterfrees fluttering in my stomach. I didn't know how this would turn out. I'd either win, or lose. It would be my first gym battle, and that's both exciting and scary. To me anyway. Travis wouldn't stop slightly hopping in excitement.

The door slowly opened, and cool air greeted me with open arms. It was hot out, and I didn't notice it until the air conditioned gym blasted me like a glacier crashing on Route 4.

Tori was the last one in, closing the door behind her. There weren't any customers, but the place still looked in business. We walked to a waitress at the counter to our left.

"Hi! Can I get you anything today?" she asked.

"We are here for a gym battle," I said, gesturing to Travis.

"Great! Wait one moment," she said. I nodded and she turned away from us. A black panel sat on a shelf on the other side of her. She tapped it and blue light glowed from it. She tapped it again, then a few more times. Out of a door from the back of the restaurant, Cilan, Chili, and Cress. They stood in front of us and a line.

"Hi, welcome to the Striaton Gym," Cilan said. "Here, we have three gym leaders, out of which you can choose to battle. Who would you like to battle?"

I had decided this last night, I had decided to battle-

"Oh, Tori! Hi!" Cress interrupted my thoughts.

"Hi, Cress," she said back.

"You didn't forget about our rematch did you?" he asked.

"Nope," she said.

"Rematch?" I asked.

"Tori already got her badge from here. She is a great trainer and I just have to battle her again," Cress said.

That gave me an idea. We were here for a Gym Battle. Cress wanted a rematch to Tori. Three of us and three of them.

"How about a triple battle?" I asked. Everyone looked at me.

"Cilan, can we do that and still present them with badges?" Chili asked. Cilan thought for a minute.

"I guess we can. Its never happened and it would certainly make good history for the gym," he said.