Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance

Start from the beginning

???: "Why do you seek this spirit?"

You: "He would know why." I say emotionlessly. "So, do you know where I can find him? Because I don't have time to waste right now."

???: "Well, you're in luck, I do know where you can find him." Oh... Uh oh.

You: "You're Riher, aren't you?" The man nods.

Riher: "Yes I am Riher, the spirit of balance. Now, why do you seek the power?"

You: "I need it to protect the people I love."

Riher: "But not the world?"

You: "As long as the innocent people of this world are safe, I don't care."

Riher: "You do know you are not considered innocent, right?" I nod.

You: "Yes, I know."

Riher: "So you wish to achieve the power simply to protect?"

You: "You know, I could lie to you, but we both know that won't turn out well for me. So, yes, I only want it so I can protect my family." He sits back in his chair.

Riher: "While you are the first mortal to ever come to me asking for this... You are not worthy to possess such power, you have killed and hurt too many." I nod.

You: "Ok, I would ask what could I do to change your mind, but I can't change the past now, can I?" The man looks at me confused.

Riher: "You do know that since you were deemed unworthy, that you must be killed." I sigh and nod.

You: "Yea, but I'm sorry." I turn back to him. "I'm not dying today. I'm going to find a way to beat Kronos. With or without your help." Then I'm surrounded by 5 beings, each clad in old armor and helmets and looked to be made out of some kind of rock and metal mix. "What is this?" He looks at each of the soldiers then gestures to me, and they attack. I jump back, narrowly dodging them. Then focus on the energy in my chest, then feel it branch out again. They all begin attacking me again. I'm able to hold my own, for about 15 minutes, then they begin landing all sorts of attacks. Finally, one nails me in the side of my head and sends me skidding towards Riher. "How? How can they hit me?"

Riher: "Because the power gap it to large between you and them for your senses to keep up with." Well, this isn't good. As soon as I'm standing again they all rush again, this time I begin getting absolutely destroyed, after every hit I took I'd just be sent flying into another. After about another 15 minutes they stop attacking. Oh god, everything feels broken. As I try to stand again I begin coughing up blood. "Impressive, I did not expect you to stand up after that."

You: "Either did I... But I have to. People are counting on me to beat Kronos before he destroys our world."

Riher: "I do not care." He motions for the 5 warriors to move in again. They begin tossing me around like a rag doll again. No... I-I can't lose. I won't stop here. It Won't End Here! I look up and grab the punch one of them threw at me and throw him over my shoulder into the wall. Then hold my hand out and blast another one. Then I release my claws and take two more down that way. Then I'm left with one, but I know, I have nothing left. The tanks empty, and my body's giving up, I can feel myself struggling even to stand. "While I am impressed with you... This is where your story ends." The warrior attacks me, and sends me flying into a wall. When I look up it's standing above me, with a sword in its hand. "You have been deemed unworthy by the Spirit of Balance, Riher. It is time for your punishment. Death." No... Korra... Jinora... Sky... Kya, Katara, Ikki, Meelo, Opal, Bolin, Mako, Asami, Pema, Tenzin, Sue, Lin, Senna, Tonraq, even Chelsea and Holly... I've let them all down... I hang my head and wait for it.

Laura: 'Don't You Dare Give In!' I feel my arm snap up in front of me. When I look up I'm holding the blade, only inches from my face."

Riher: "Well... What do we have here?" I snap the blade in half and force myself to stand.

You: "No. I need the key to the power Riher! I'm not leaving until I'm strong enough to beat Kronos!" I release my claws again and begin attacking him. I refuse to let everybody down, I won't lose my family twice. I eventually am able to back him into a corner, and I thrust my claws through its neck.

Riher: "Incredible... You managed to kill all 5 Guardian Knights... No mortal has ever done that before..."

You: "How do I master the Spirits Instinct? Now."

Riher: "You really don't understand it do you? I don't just deem whether someone is worthy or not. How you do against the 5 Knights determines it."

You: "Well, I beat them." I say as I lean against one of the pillars in the room, gods I was exhausted.

Riher: "Beating them is not how you pass the test. All you did was mercilessly kill them. I would never give someone who would do something like that, that kind of power." Oh, shit. "And now, you know what must happen."

You: "You let me go?" I ask hopefully.

Riher: "You make a mockery of this ability! You have achieved a level of power no human has ever known before! Yet you still seek more... Greed is a horrible thing in you humans, you are never happy with what you have." As he finishes he begins walking towards me.

You: "Please... I have to protect them..." He walks up and stands about a foot away from me, he was tall, at least 6' 10".

Riher: "You are weak, you would have lost to Kronos anyways." Then I feel a pain like no other in my stomach, and am sent flying through a wall and begin free falling off the cliff. I hit the ground hard and hear the metal of my bones ringing out. I can feel the blood flowing into my lungs as I begin coughing up more blood. I look up and see him land in front of me leaving a small crater in the ground. "You are truly pathetic. How are you considered to be one of the strongest mortals alive?" He grabs me by the collar of my shirt and brings me to eye level with him. "Tell me something, M/N, do you believe you are going to the underworld?" I just smile at him.

You: "*cough* *cough* Yea... I'm fucked up." I say, spitting out blood as I do.

Riher: "Good, because that's exactly where you're going." Again, before I know what's going on I feel a pain on my nose and am sent flying through a few trees, finally skidding to a stop a few hundred feet away. As I look up to him I see him stop walking back to the palace, then he turns around to face me. Yet, even though my now blurred vision I could see his expression. He was shocked.