Chapter 57: Kronos

Beginne am Anfang

You: "Because, I've lost enough in my life. I refuse to lose anyone else." She nods.

Vivian: "Who have you lost?" Weird, she didn't ask what he lost, she already knew it was someone not something.

You: "My family."

Vivian: "Who?" Oh no, she had just crossed the line, and I feel the air heat up around me to confirm it.

You: "You've heard enough." He says through clenched teeth.

Vivian: "Tell me. Now."

You: "My Family! My parents! My sister! Alright! There! Now You Fucking Know!" Then he walks, well, stomps off back towards my house.

Vivian: "You need to help him. I'm a spirit, I've seen his nightmares... And my god they are horrible... Truly horrific, and I've been around a long time Korra... It takes a lot to shake me like his nightmares do. He's on the verge of a mental collapse Korra. Don't let that happen, with his power, you don't want to see that."

*TIMESKIP*

2 Weeks Later

Korra POV

Vivian: "Now we will begin to try and get Korra into your form M/N." He nods. "But first, you must know what it is Korra. This is not a power booster like the avatar state, this is a sense enhancement. It gives you the ability to react instantaneously to an attack. But it does not boost your strength. It simply makes you react quicker and more precise, leading to deadlier strikes. But, if you master it, it can boost your power tremendously." Then she looks back to M/N and nods. He inhales deeply, a few moments later an invisible force flys by me, and when I look back to him, he's standing there surrounded in a sparkling silvery F/C flame. When he opens his eyes again I see his irises were a sparkling silver while his pupils were a bright F/C. "This, is what you need to obtain in order to beat Kronos." I see an icicle fly from behind M/N, only to have him tilt his head to the side and it flys by him. "Another thing you will notice, how calm he is, you have very few emotions in this state. Anger, being the one M/N showed during his fight against me."

Korra: "Ok, let's do this. How do I get into it?"

Vivian: "Well, first you need to get fast, really fast, extremely fast." I nod.

Korra: "Ok, so how do I get faster then?" She points over towards M/N.

Vivian: "Try and land a hit on him." I look between the two of them.

Korra: "Really? That's it?" She nods and gestures towards M/N. I shrug and get into a stance facing him. "You ready?" He just stands there, unmoving besides the flame that surrounds him. I charge at him, only to have him disappear at the last second, then I feel a tap on my shoulder. I jump away and turn back to see... What?! How did he?!

Vivian: "Fighting and moving at that speed is a lot harder than watching it, isn't it Korra?" I hear M/N chuckle.

You: "Where's all that confidence Hun?"

Korra: "Ok, you said he didn't get any kind of power boost, so how the hell is he so fast?" She laughs at me.

Vivian: "That's simply how fast he is, and when you add on his enhanced senses he can move extremely precise and fast."

Korra: "So how the hell am I supposed to hit him?"

You: "Get faster." I turn to see M/N standing there all cocky.

Korra: "Alright then, let's see how cocky you are at the end of this." He shrugs.

You: "Yea, let's see." I charge him again. Over and over I attack and he dodges or disappears only to reappear behind me smirking.

Korra: "Damnit! Why can't I hit you?!"

You: "Too slow."

Korra: "Yea, no shit." He shrugs and begins to lose his sparkly silver and F/C look.

Vivian: "You think too much before you strike. You are planning out an attack and can't adapt quick enough to his movements when the plan fails. You must be able to change your attack during the attack to have any chance of hitting him. Like I said before, he can feel your attack even if he doesn't have time to see it, you need to be able to not only see him dodge, but be able to adjust to it. Like if he catches your punch, leaving his side open, then maybe you kick his side or bend something into it. If you get to the level where M/N has to begin blocking you instead of dodging, you're close, very close. But, considering he made you look like a fool today, you aren't at the level where you need to be in order to enter the state." Damnit! He's just making me look like an idiot!

You: "So is that all the training for today?"

Vivian: "No! Of course not! We have roughly 2 years until he arrives, and neither of you are even close to being as powerful as him yet."

Korra: "So what else are we doing?"

Vivian: "M/N will be staying in his Instinctive form for the rest of the day."

You: "What?! Staying in that for more than an hour literally makes it hard to even walk!"

Vivian: "And that is why you need to practice being in it for a long time. Your fight against Kronos will not be short, well, it won't be short in our favor." He groans and powers up again. "And you." She says turning back to me. "We need to give you some motivation. M/N unlocked it when he was angry and needed the ability to beat me. So we need something that you want to do, but need the power to do it. Have any ideas?"

Korra: "Uh, yea, I want to beat this Kronos guy." She sighs.

Vivian: "I meant now, something you want to do now. Like M/N." She says giggling right after. He turns his head around from where he was sitting.

You: "What?"

Korra: "Nothing!" He looks at us suspiciously before turning back to whatever he was doing before.

Vivian: "Ok, have any other ideas?"

Korra: "No." I say hanging my head.

Vivian: "Well then, we'll just have to give you one." She extends her hand towards M/N.

Korra: "What are you doing?" She seems to be struggling?

Vivian: "R-run." Then she blasts M/N.

Korra: "NO!" But as the cloud of snow begins to disperse I see a figure walking out, when it exits I see M/N in tattered clothing.

You: "That was no ordinary blast Vivian. You were trying to hurt me. What's going on Korra?" I shrug.

Korra: "I-I don't know." Then Vivian jolts and looks around confused.

You: "Vivian? Are you alright?"

Vivian: "He's beginning to awake again M/N. The Tree Of Time is unbalanced, which means his power is fluctuating... I'd say we only have about 15 months now. We will have to accelerate our training." As she finishes I see it. It was unmistakable. I saw him, Kronos. He was standing a few feet behind M/N and about a foot to his left. He was tall and had long spikey pure black hair. Along with a black stripe running from his eyes to his jawline. And his eyes... were pure black except for a small white dot in the center. Then he points towards M/N. I see M/N turn around and block a large shard of ice. He begins looking towards where Kronos is standing.

You: "Who's there?" Then he speaks, with a dark hoarse voice.

Kronos: "You can't control me... You can't destroy me... And there is no prison in this universe that can hold me... I will destroy everything in this world."