Chapter 16- Out Of Your League

Start from the beginning

Corbynn didn't answer straight away, and though she couldn't see his face- he was frowning slightly, because he immediately picked up on 'you're supposed'.

"... and where the hell are you gonna be?" He asked immediately, "Aren't you coming with?"

"We'll see, maybe." Frea replied coolly, Corbynn sat up straight, throwing the cover off his head and giving her a flat stare from across the room she only smiled at. She stepped away from the door with a wave over her shoulder,

"Take your time.. just not too much, kiddo. Hehe~"

Corbynn watched her go, before the door shut between them with a snap of her fingers, his stare icy on the door as he sighed under his breath.

She was acting off.... she had been since the Tenrou people came back. But this was a little more so- because he could tell when she wasn't telling him about something, and it pissed him off when she did that.

He sweatdropped slightly,

.... usually when Frea kept secrets it was because she was trying to protect him.... or ditch him.

And either way he did not like the sound of it.

..... she's not..... losing it... right...?

He growled, rolling out of bed and getting himself ready, before starting to stalk toward the kitchen. Frea was seated at the bar with a small smile and she turned to him and his arrival. She sat in content silence for him to finish cooking up some food- clapped her hands together and dipped her head toward him with a smile.

"Thank you."

They hardly said anything to one another as she ate, and he settled across from her, nibbling at a bit of the food while eyeing her constantly.

Why is she acting weird?

His eyes narrowed at the familiar gesture of her head tilting to the side, her eyes closed- it usually meant she was paying attention to some Energy Signature or other- but the weirdest thing of all was she smirked.

"... hehe..... he's definitely headed this way..." She chuckled lowly, her silver eyes glittering in amusement as she glanced toward the door. "It seems like I probably won't be joining you today, kiddo."

"Who?" He asked instantly, and why does she seem... excited?

He wasn't sure he liked this look.

"You'll see pretty soon." Frea hummed, leaning back in her chair as she lift her hands above her in a stretch. She linked her hands together and cracked her knuckles with another small smirk,

Now you've got me interested- you've never dropped by for a visit before, Lightning-Boy.

Frea stood up from her chair, oblivious to the icy stare Corbynn had on her or uncaring- she settled her hands on her hips and shook her head at herself.

I hope you're coming for something exciting... somehow I am already bored of not working any jobs.

Corbynn narrowed his eyes at her, biting down on the inside of his cheek and not all that pleased with the lack of an actual answer- even from her, this much evasiveness was...... Weird.

"Shouldn't you be heading off to meet Wendy?" Frea asked in an oh so not so subtle way of reminding him his time constraints- and still avoiding the topic. He stepped down from his stool when gave her a stare, she just smiled and waved a hand at him.

"Come on Kiddo, I'll see ya out the door." She chuckled, leaving him behind just slightly as she started toward said door. He followed her slowly,