"Is it over?" Hades walked up to her.

All magic had retreated and nothing but silence filled the area. Even the wailing souls seemed to have quieted, waiting in anticipation. Lucy looked at the Gate, ignoring what Hades had just said. Despite the impurity and undead being gone, a heavy feeling still loomed in her heart. What was it? What was this feeling that she was feeling? As if it wasn't over yet?

That was when she noticed. One single black rukh fluttering beside her. She widened her eyes in utter fear as she now knew what had just happened. Hades, too, seemed to be in a state of horror as they all watched the black rukh flutter to the Gate and just as it touched it, hundreds of thousands of other black rukh began accumulating again. Lucy felt her knees almost give out as she saw what was happening. The hordes of undead that they had just gotten rid of were rising again and this time, in larger numbers than ever. The Gate was opening.

"No..." Lucy breathed, her face pale.

"That was all the magoi that we had," Hades paled. "How are they able to regenerate so quickly?!"

A echoing laughter filled the area, its voice sinister and filled with mocking. "If you thought that it would be so easy to get rid of the undead that I built up for ten years, you underestimated it."

Lucy turned to the voice and saw that a man had materialized out of nowhere. She sensed his presence but it was faint; he was human but at the same time not. His hair was a dark auburn color, his bangs messy and sharp as a long messy braid made its way down his back. He was dressed in a black shirt, revealing his collarbone, and baggy black pants. Dark black boots made its way up to his calf, his pants tucked slightly into it. He wore a tinted white hooded cape, the inside layer completely black. His mouth had a black face mask covering it, leaving his mouth almost unreadable.

However, what surprised Lucy the most wasn't his almost too normal attire but rather, his eyes. How dark and crimson they were but at the same time, they glinted with a slight golden color. She felt as if she had seen him before and as their eyes met, she felt a shiver run down her spine. The look that he gave her seemed to pierce right through her soul as if his goal the entire time was her and her alone. A look of blazing passion subsided in them but it wasn't a passion that she knew, it was more crazed. But, they seemed nostalgic...as if she saw him somewhere before...

He smiled at her from under his mask and she felt her heart tumult downward.

"You...what do you plan on achieving?" she said, the Gate slowly being forced open.

"Me?" he pointed at himself before letting out a hysterical chorus of laughter, his eyes filled with amusement as he looked at her. "To achieve a simple dream that I've always longed for," he said, flinging his two hands out and raising it upward. "To bring this ugly and corrupt world into nothing but ruin."

"Do you have any idea what you're doing?!" Hades yelled, shocked to his utter core. "Once you release the undead into the living world...!"

"They'll destroy one another, no?" he simply answered.

Hades stepped back. The man in front of him was no man. He was a monster. With no sympathy for either the dead or the living, what he wished was just that simple. He wanted to bring the world to ruin and it was only a matter of time before it would all fall down. The Gate was beginning to open its doors and everyone could feel the tremors of the earth as it did. Black rukh fluttered about and the Gate opened, blasting its doors wide. The undead clambered out as the black rukh flew straight outside, overlooking the world of the living. The man grinned as he looked on in amazement.

"Finally!" he screamed in joy. "Finally, this world will be no more."

Lucy stared on in utter disbelief as she saw the Gate being forcibly opened. There was no stopping it anymore for it was already too late to stop the undead from reaching the realm of the living. Soon enough, they would start contaminating the land around it, consuming the rukh that resided in the world. She felt the strength in her knees suddenly leave her, causing her to fall to the floor, as tears began accumulating in her eyes. She had underestimated things.