Chapter Twenty Six: Wedding Rehearsal

Start from the beginning

"Mom." Danny mutters. "Will you stop?"

"I just want to make sure your first child is planned." She says. "So do you? Have everything?"

"Yes Mom, now will you stop?" Danny says.

Oh thank god, he got everything.

I sigh and kick my heels off, putting my feet on the middle console. Beatrice and Caleb both look over at my feet but they don't any anything.

"And what happens with the new house?" Caleb asks. "Do you guys need people to help you move in?"

"We don't really have any furniture." Danny says. "We were planning to sleep on a mattress until we get the chance to go to the store."

"Alright." Caleb shrugs. "Well when you need help, let me know and I'll drive up there."

"Yeah, we really want to see the house." Beatrice nods.

"Alright." Danny says.

I'm really nervous for tomorrow for just the entire day so I scoot closer to Danny and put my head on his shoulder.

"Are you guys nervous?" Caleb asks.

"No." Danny says right when I say, "Yes."

"You're nervous?" Danny wonders. "Why?"

"Because it's...important."

"Oh please, she's nervous for tomorrow night. Listen, it's going to hurt a little as first, but as long as you take it slow you should be fine. I mean, how many fingers can you stick up in there, Danny? Because if you can get a lot, it won't hurt as much." Abby says.

"Abby, shut up." I tell her.

"It's a valid question." She says.

I sigh. This is going to be a long night.

*****

After the rehearsal where we walked down the aisle and told the bridesmaids what to do and watched everyone get into position, we went to dinner. My Grandparents are paying for the rehearsal dinner, but usually the grooms family would pay for that, but since Caleb and Beatrice are paying for the wedding, my Grandparents are paying for the rehearsal dinner.

I guess Grandma and Grandpa rented a room for the rehearsal dinner and now everyone is mingling and Danny and I are going around to talk to everyone. Marcus, Cody, and Roxy showed up, which is really exciting. We sent out forty seven invitations and only forty are coming.

I should be more upset, but the less people come, the less we spend.

After greeting the last person, I turn to Danny.

"What time is it?"

"Ten thirty." He announces.

"I'm nervous for tomorrow." I whisper.

"It's just me." He says softly, rubbing his hands up and down my arms.

"Yeah, but I'm probably going to cry."

"Yeah, I will too. So what? This has been my dream for fifteen years."

I smile up at him and he leans down to kiss me softly.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too."

"Alright!" Abby speaks up. "It's getting late! It's time for the future bride and future groom to to their separate ways."

I look at Danny and he just smiles.

"Everything is going to be fine. I promise I'm going to show up."

"I promise I'm going to show up too." I smile. "And if not, I'll text you."

He laughs softly and leans forward, kissing me again.

They start to pull us outside to the two separate cars and the closer we get to being separated, the more anxious I get.

We stop at the car and everyone waits around.

"I'll see you at the altar." He murmurs, and I swear my heart skips a million beats. He takes my face in his hands and kisses me long and hard. I hear Kyle flirting with Miley, and they just got married in October so they're hardly able to keep their hands off of each other. Christian and Jackson are whistling at us.

After a few seconds, Danny pulls away.

"You can call me if you want to." He murmurs. "As long as I don't see you, it's not bad luck."

"Okay." I whisper. He kisses me again.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I run my fingers through his hair. He opens the door to the car for me and I force myself to get in he leans in to kiss me again and Miley and Megan get in the back, blocking him from me. Abby gets in the passenger seat and Aunt Vickie gets in the drivers.

"I love you." Danny says again.

"I love you too." I mumble.

With a smile, he shuts the door to the car. I watch as he disappears into the car in front of me and I realize I'm not going to see him until I'm walking to the altar.

*****

I am very excited for this wedding omfg

~Sam