Meet squad 13

I was crying again with those people with hatred in their eyes surrounding me. I just stood there with my arm on my eyes crying, my head down toward the ground. The tears spilt down my arm and dotted the ground. Why do they look at me that way? Those eyes... They look at me with those eyes... They scorn and hate me. Mock me and break me down. I hated them for hating me. I would show them. I would show them all.

I woke with a start, breathing heavily. My cheeks were wet and my eyes were puffy. Warm tears dotted my pillow and blanket. I sat up and looked out the window. The moon was still high in the sky. I suppose I'll try to go back to sleep. I closed my eyes and opened them again instantly when I saw the people glaring at me. So much for that... I sighed and sat up. I dragged myself from the bed and walked to the kitchen, started the coffee pot and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a shower. Once I washed away my sleep I turned the faucet off, rung out my hair and stepped out of the shower while covering myself with a towel. I quickly got dressed and brushed out my long red hair as best I could. Satisfied with it's silky straightness after it was completely dry, I exited the bathroom and got a coffee mug and poured myself a cup of coffee. Then, I left my apartment and sat out on the balcony to watch the night sky turn pale with the rising sun. I sat and sipped my coffee. I heard something behind me and turned to see Naruto.

"What'cha doing?" I took a sip of coffee as he spoke. He was still in his PJs.

"Watching the sun rise. Drinking coffee." Simple answer. I wasn't much of a morning person, which was one of the reasons why I woke up so early. So no one would see my bad side. If I woke early, by the time everyone else is waking up I'm out of my, I guess you could call, mood. 

I jumped at a sudden noise behind me and my coffee slipped from my hands and fell over the side of the balcony. Darn it! I turned around and Naruto shrugged almost apologetically as he realized his movement had startled me. "I'm late for the academy." He rushed back to his apartment at that and came out literally thirty seconds later with orange pants on, a plain black shirt, goggles, and regular blue ninja sandals. He was running off while trying to put on an orange jacket.

"See ya! Don't forget about our ramen!" He waved at me and then he was gone. He's fast when he's running.

I sighed. I would have to get my coffee mug I suppose... Nah. I've got plenty more inside. I stood up and went back inside my apartment. I gathered up my things. I tied my weapon's pouch to the bandages on my leg. I put my keys in my new kitty wallet that I'd gotten while out with Kakashi-sensei. I stuck that inside my tool's pouch which was latched onto the back of my skirt. I picked up my katana and strapped it to my back, the new usual spot for it to be. I walked out the door, making a mental note of everything I needed and everything I had. When I was sure I hadn't forgotten anything I shut the locked door and began my wait for Kakashi-sensei. Eventually I got bored and decided to train a little. I swung my katana at a fake enemy humming a random tune I'd heard in the busy part of the village. Soon I stopped my training session. He's really late and if he pulls the black cat excuse, I swear I'll strangle him! I grumbled to myself as I sat against the wall. I drifted off to sleep soon after.

 They walked by me like I didn't exist, staring straight ahead of them. They didn't look at me, even those who were walking towards me had their eyes fixed on the path ahead of them and brushed past me without blinking, though I flinched away. At first they had seemed like they hadn't been shooting death glares at me, but that wasn't the case. They still glared, just not directly at me, though I knew it was meant for me. I felt tears well up in my eyes. I wished I could just disappear like they wanted me to. I didn't need their approval, I knew that, but I needed one person to depend on me. The street of people darkened away into complete black, broken only by eyes slowly opening and looking at me. One blood red. The other ice blue.