The Leaf and the Sand

I soon came upon the place where I broke free of that binding darkness. The container was still sitting where I had broken it and there were blood spatters here and there. The ground around the container was bare and empty of grass, scorch marks took its place. I poked my head inside the container and the glass was still shattered and in pieces on the floor of the container. I looked at my pale skin, remembering how white it had been. My skin is so tan now compared to then. It would probably be hard to recognize me now. That sudden power was most likely from that strange liquid I had been encased in, but was it the cause of this uncontrollable urge to kill my enemies?

I suddenly felt someone's presence behind me and cursed under my breath that I wasn't faster at picking it up that they were there. I felt a hand on my shoulder, but stayed where I was looking in the broken container, too frightened to make a move. Damn! If they see me as a threat I'm in a shit load of trouble. I turned slowly, my eyes widening as a looked at my captor.

The first thing I noticed was the headband. It had a swirly design etched into it and it was covering one of their eyes.

"Are you alright, miss?"

The next thing I noticed was the mask that covered the lower half of their face. Their hair was grey and spiky, in a lopsided way, like it was defying gravity. It was strange.

"Uh, miss?"

I should say something, but what? Definitely not the truth. I don't even know who the hell this is! He might be with the bastards who want to imprison me again. So I did what any other terrified to the point of hallucinating person would do. Scream and attack. He seemed surprised and tried to calm me without getting hit by the random kunai that I had picked up off the ground. He finally calmed me down by assuring me I was meant no harm and began talking to me again.

"I'm Kakashi Hatake. Are you hurt, miss....?"

I just looked at him. "K-Kakashi? Hatake?"

"That's right."

"Who am I?" I suddenly said, desperate for an answer. He had a name. Shouldn't I have one too?

He looked surprised. "You don't remember?"

I shook my head, my eyes landing on the dead that were scattered about. They all had headbands, but not the same as Kakashi's. I wonder why that is...

"You're from the Hidden Stone Village right? In the Land of Earth? Were these your comrades?"

"I-I don't know." Oh yes, I was pretty damn sure they weren't my comrades, but I didn't know who I was or where I was from besides being in that stupid container. I think I'll just refer to it as a box though. It was more box-like anyway. It was completely dark in there, I wasn't even sure if there was a door. How did I even get in there?

He thought for a long time. "You don't remember anything?"

"No." The same questions are getting tiresome. Find something else to ask!

He seemed to read my mind because he turned around. "I think you should come with me." He jumped into the nearest tree. I followed not far behind after a moment's hesitation. He had already said he didn't mean any harm, so I doubt he'd try anything. I could trust him. Right?

"Uh..." I stood still in confusion. "This... is where you were taking me?" I didn't try to hide my confusion.

"Well, not exactly. I can't take you to the village with you wounded." Kakashi pointed to my back. There was a blood spot soaking into my shirt. What? But I thought that was healed! Shit!

"Come on. Follow me."

"But it's just a run down shack. Abandoned. There's no one there." I looked up at him. He just walked faster, forcing me along.