Chapter Thirty - See You Later

The summer turned out to be the best one Ellie had ever had. She spent almost everyday with the group and they did so many amazing things that the time just flew by. It was actually really sad how quickly the time flew by. They had never noticed it and hadn't kept track of the days due to them continuously having all nighters and staying out all night. It hit them that summer was actually nearly over a week before Ellie's flight to LA.

Ellie had to start packing up the stuff she wanted to take with her and the girls promised to help but it certainly wasn't easy.

"Its genuinely just hit me that you're actually leaving" Summer said holding a picture of the three of girls at the beginning of high school

"Yeah, time has flown i guess" Ellie shrugged trying to hold back her sadness

"Please don't start crying Emily" Summer said putting her arm around Emily

"I can't help it, we have been friends for so long and now Ellie's leaving and i'll just miss you so much" She sniffled

"We will still be friends Emily" Ellie said "I'm not leaving forever, we'll see each other again"

"I know but it's not the same" She said

"It's not goodbye" Ellie explained "I'm just saying see you later"

"You better be taking this with you" Summer said picking up a photo frame with a picture of the three of them at about seven years old on a bouncy castle

"Of course i am, this is my favourite picture" Ellie smiled

"Are you taking Harold with you?" Emily asked picking up Ellie's teddy bear

"Well i wouldn't leave him" Ellie laughed "He is my baby"

By the end of the day all the clothes Ellie was taking with her were packed away with only some left out to keep her clothed until she got to LA.

The girls were actually very emotional the whole day as they kept finding pictures of all of them as children and it hit them how long they had been friends. They had been friends for well over a decade and Ellie moving away was not going to break them up. She loved these girls like sisters and she would never forget about them and she reassured them of that.

For the rest of the week, Ellie felt like she was barely in the house. She was either out with Cooper or the girls or the group or she was with her family out spending time together. They were making sure they all had her attention until she left and when the day of her flight finally arrived, everyone was emotional.

Ellie woke up on the morning of her flight really early because she was nervous and couldn't sleep. Her flight wasn't until three in the afternoon but she was awake at six in the morning. She lay in her bed, not really wanting to move knowing that this was the last time she would wake up in her room for a while.

Ellie would miss waking up to the room that had been her for years. She would miss waking up and making her way downstairs to one of her dad's amazing breakfasts and she would definitely miss popcorn, that dog had been her friend when she needed someone and no one else was available.

She could hear movement in the house at about half past seven so she decided she should probably make a move and get ready for the day. She threw on the clothes she would be travelling in and put her hair up and applied minimal make up just to take the tiredness away from her face. She found her dad in the kitchen making pancakes for breakfast. He gave her a sad smile as he made them. She wasn't in the mood for any tears today. If anyone cries then she would to..

It wasn't long before Alison and Jordan came down stairs, probably at the smell of the pancakes and they ate breakfast together as a family. Ellie's dad helped her get her suitcases downstairs and they left them in the hall as they spent time together in the living room.