Drawing him in a Cafe

You sat in the corner of your favourite Cafe with your sketchbook out. You often liked to sit in this comfortable place as you felt it gave you many ideas for your art.

Today however, you were struggling to think of anything to draw. Your eyes drifted around the place, trying to observe the familiar surroundings for any new ideas. As you were absentmindedly looking around, you noticed a particularly handsome stranger in the opposite corner of the Cafe taking to another stranger (whose face you couldn't see as he was facing away from you to talk to his friend).

From where you sat, you could see that the brunette was wearing a Ghostbusters T-shirt, which sparked enough inspiration in you that you decided you'd do a quick sketch of him.

As you scribbled away, you also found yourself smiling softly to yourself. You ended up doing a few small doodles of him, not realising that you'd also been staring at him a lot for the past ten minutes.

All of a sudden, the man stood up and started heading towards you. The logical part of your brain assumed that he must just be going to the bathroom just behind where you were sitting, but you still worried that he was coming over to ask why you'd been staring and to see your doodles of him.

In your flustered state of trying not to seem awkward or weird as he walked past you somehow managed to knock over your drink! Luckily you picked it back up so only half of it ended up soaking the table (and the corner of your sketchbook) but it still made enough of a scene for him to grab some napkins and rush over to you.

"Thanks!" You blurted out as he began to wipe up the spill for you. You grabbed one of the napkins and dabbed at the corner of your sketchbook and your cup, momentarily forgetting that you were now bluntly showing the stranger your drawings of him.

"No problem," He replied, smiling, "Um, are those- Have you been drawing me?" He asked, looking at the page of doodles.

Your cheeks flushed red and you nodded bashfully, "Y-yeah, sorry I just- I-" You stammered, feeling awkward.

"Why are you apologising? I love them! Mind if I see your sketchbook?" He asked, seeming genuinely excited.

"Yeah, sure!" You responded, blushing even more. It was a sketchbook you'd had for quite a while now meaning that there was a lot of art in there for him to see.

You found yourself staring at him again as he looked through the book. At this point you were trying to read his reactions to each piece by studying his facial expressions. A lot of what he saw made him smile, which only made you blush even more due to what a cute smile he had.

"Your art is really cool," He uttered as he reached the page with the doodles of him on it, "Especially these drawings!" He chuckled softly, glancing down at you.

You thanked him happily. He asked a couple of questions about your art and you answered them, enjoying the nice conversation that had ultimately been sparked by your clumsiness.

It was only a short conversation though, as he had to leave with his friend to get to work.

"Before I leave do you mind if I quickly doodle something in your sketchbook?" He asked, smirking slightly.

You agreed, handing him the book and a pencil. He scribbled something in the corner of the page before winking at you and leaving the Cafe with his friend who smirked knowingly at the two of you.

Once they'd left you looked at the page and grinned when you saw what was written; his name and phone number! You knew that you would definitely be texting him later that night and that you'd end up seeing him again in the near future...

Author's Note:
I only just realised after writing this that a lot of my one-shots revolve around meeting for the first time lmao