Chapter 30 - You need to come home, Justin

Start from the beginning

"I don't know," He shrugged, a little chuckle leaving his mouth, "We'll see when the staff comes to get us."

"Do we still have two weeks here?"

"Yeah," He nodded and seemed a little unsure about why I was asking about our return to home. I knew exactly why he was frightened of letting me back to New York and when he said his next sentence, I had to bite myself in the tongue to keep my temper in place, "We can stay longer if you want-"

"Please stop trying to make me avoid Matthew," I mumbled, reminded myself that this was the exact reason to why we were here in the first place and also the reason to why I wasn't currently making out with him instead of talking, "It's not funny anymore."

Justin sighed, "I'm sorry. I got jealous, it's my bad."

"Oh my God-" I gasped, the shock gushing out of me at once, "You're apologising for your jealousy? That's a huge step, Justin! I'm so proud of you!" 

"I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic or if you actually mean it, right now," I watched him chuckle a little which made me giggle, shaking my head lightly and trying not to mock him further.

Indeed, I was surprised that he had apologised about the Matthew thing but I don't really know why I was complaining. I got a two week trip to the Maldives without having to pay a dime. I was, at times, acting really ungrateful and I knew that. It surprised me how Justin put up with me sometimes but then again, remembering the fucked up things he did to me; It surprised me how I put up with him too.

Without thinking about it, I leaned in and accidentally pressed my lips against his. It was like it all happened automatically as if I wasn't even thinking what I was doing and my body just did what it wanted. He didn't seem to mind as his lips instantly responded to my movements.

It only lasted for a couple of seconds though and when I pulled away, Justin mumbled the obvious; "You kissed me."

I bit my lip, a faded blush colour entering my cheeks naturally and I tried to come up with a quick answer. Nothing really helped and I realised this it wasn't the ideal thing to do, especially not since I had promised to only be friends. I had even threatened him to dare and try something else with me and he had kindly accepted my wish. He had followed my order of being friends very strictly and I was the one who was taking the small steps back.

It was like I suddenly was more desperate than him to be intimate. I knew it wasn't really the case, I knew Justin was dying to touch me but he was, for once, being respectful. For some reason, I also thought this was only because we were here and there wasn't a lot of competition here. I don't think he would've agreed to this if we would still be in New York. He could easily keep an eye on me here.

"Oops?" I gave him a little smile, almost familiar to a grin, and he instantly chuckled, playing along with my game, "I guess friends makes little glorious mistakes a little now and then."

"I guess they do," Justin mumbled and I felt his hand tracing gently on top of my stomach. He caressed his thumb in circles on top of it and I shivered at his touch, feeling his cold hand on my bare skin.

The most amazing thing about being here was being pregnant but not showing just yet, I don't know how confident I will feel whenever I was as big as a football. I'm pretty positive I won't be walking around in see-through robes and tiny bikinis then. I was still looking young, fresh and not very motherly, which I was more than appreciating right now.

Justin had multiple times told me that I will be gorgeous pregnant and that he will find me hot, nonetheless, but I couldn't help but feel like he was lying. I was terrified of growing big and even though I had been told that it was a normal insecure feeling, I still felt like I was alone in the entire world to feel that. Everywhere around me, I saw pregnant women on Instagram embracing their weighty bellies, yet, I couldn't see how I was supposed to do the same. I knew that I wasn't going to feel that confidence.