Chapter 8 - Unknown brothers

When I had stepped out of my bath, once I felt fully relaxed and somewhat put together again, I had decided not to let what happened earlier today bother me. I was going to take the evening to myself, chill and just think about myself. Treat myself as much as I pleased. I needed that alone time.

But before I could turn on the stove to make myself some coffee, I was interrupted by the echo of the doorbell ringing. With a bit of an annoying mumble under my breath, I swept the bathrobe closer to my body to make sure everything was put in place and no shocking experience would happen (whoever was on that other side) and I opened the door with what must have been an exhausted face because the guy on the other side, immediately commented on it.

"Wow, you look like a mess," Lucas was grinning from side to side on his face and he had that teasing thing like always. I blinked two times before I slammed the door shut on his face which made me hear the laugh on the other side a few seconds later, "Come on, Jess!"

I couldn't help but let out a giggle as I opened the door again and moved to the side to let the chuckling man inside my home.

Lucas was a childhood friend of mine, someone who had always been there for me and I assume you could call him my best friend. He's the type of friend that can't stay mad at you for long, no matter how much you've fucked something up. Lucas has always been keeping things real with me and I think that's why I've chosen to stay with him and barely anyone else. Throughout my years of existing, I've noticed that many people only ever talk to you when it benefits themselves.

"How's your new fuck place doing?" He had a smirk on his face and I knew he was internally laughing at his own jokes. I raised my eyebrows at him, questioning what he meant, "Come on, don't tell me you're not fucking your boss yet in whatever that company's name is again."

"It's called Exhibit Laws," I corrected him as I rolled my eyes at him, ignoring the rest of his comment.

"From what I've heard, your boss seems hot and you seem interested-"

"Shut up."

I stopped him from continuing to talk, feeling the awkward air within me grow as I thought about what had just happened. I hadn't told Lucas anything about the incident that went down for only a few hours ago. How I ran off after Justin attempted to kiss me. I had discussed the situation in whole with Lucas, told him after my first few days in the office and how Justin had been treating me (and others) which he only chose to make his own assumption that I was going to end up fucking him.

At first, I had laughed at it. Currently? I was terrified that he might be right. I knew for certain now that he was interested and I don't know how much I can control myself. I couldn't lie to myself, the man was more than gorgeous.

"You're thinking of him," Lucas grinned again and I wanted to smack him in the face. I mumbled a duh, feeling too exhausted to explain to him that obviously, I would start thinking of him if he brought it up with me.

"Can you just shut up and make me food," I murmured before I realised I was asking for a favour and had to change my tactic. Instead, I began to flutter my eyelashes and waited for his response.

"Can you just shut up and get dressed?" He mocked me and I looked down to realise that I was still only wearing my bathrobe. When I looked up to him again, he was wiggling his eyebrows up and down and I don't know why but I laughed at his immaturity, "Or take it off completely, I mean, come on woman, decide. On or off."

I stood up and on my way to my room, to actually get dressed, I turned my back to him and suddenly stopped walking, dropping the bathrobe to let it hit the ground at my feet. My bare back and ass instantly got put on display for him. Lucas promptly pretended to get shot in his chest and fell to the ground while trying to make sound effects with his mouth by groaning slightly.