Author's Note

I love writing.

I eat, sleep, breathe writing. I have poured my soul into every word that I put into this book, solely because I find such immense pleasure in conjuring a story for other's to read or analyze or enjoy.

This is the second version of this book. First, it was called She is Love, and Harry was in a gang. I decided long ago to delete the version of the story, starting small by pulling apart the abusive elements my twelve-year-old self had settled in the plot, then deleting it entirely to start anew.

When I first came up with the plot to set the story back more than a few decades, I found it hard to do anything but furiously write the plan for the story. I am an old soul-I love the cultural, political, religious reforms that rained on us in the 1900's that shaped society today.

When this book was first published (the 70's version) it was entitled Metamorphosis because I decided that the story would be centered around Jane Hughes' own reform, spawned from a seed planted by none other than Harry himself. I decided to change the title to Dead Flowers after realizing that I have a deep, deep, deep love for The Rolling Stones and all that they have done for rock music.

Above, the song that this story is based on will be linked.

This story lights a fire within me-I feel most at home, most comforted when I am controlling the lives of my two favorite people. Harry and Jane are no longer characters to me-they're like family. There are no words to explain what I feel for these two. They're not tangible, but I can feel them. They're not audible, but I can hear them. They're not real, but I can see them.

If you'll allow it, I'll write my entire life.

That being said, I would like to give a few warnings before the book begins.

This story will contain elements of violence, sexual situations, sexual assault, minimum drug use, and other triggering factors (ex. abusive relationships, anxiety, mentions of God, etc.) and in no way, shape, or form am I here to make any of my readers uncomfortable.

I may not always get everything right, but I try my hardest. If I am wrong about something, please educate me. I try to make my stories as inclusive as possible.

Please comment, read, vote, and share.

Thank you for being here from the beginning, thank you for reading, thank you for being here till the end.

Let's begin.