Clearing the air

I sigh heavily right after shutting the door, slumping my shoulders slightly.  "Now that you live in a house full of boys, you're gonna have to be way more careful with your things," I whispered to myself, scolding a little.  I pulled a towel out of the closet, hanging it on the back of the door.  I slipped out of the clothes I borrowed from Edd, catching a whiff of his scent.  I was about to drop the shirt, but then soon returned it to my nose, inhaling a pure feeling of comfort. 

Embarrassed by my own actions, I blushed a bright red and  tossed it onto the floor.  I slid the pants off and turned on the shower, stepping in careful as to not slip on the sleek floor of the tub.  I let my eyes flutter shut as I leaned into the streaming water, letting the droplets cascade over my shoulders and down my spine.  The steam floated up to the ceiling, clouding the mirror in the bathroom.  Enjoying the feeling of my muscles relaxing, I began singing in the shower.

What I didn't realize, was that Edd was about to pass the bathroom door, but halted as he heard my voice. 

"Three little birds, sat on my window, and they told me I don't need to worry." 

I ran my fingers through my (H/L), (H/C) hair, water passing through my fingers.

"Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet, little girls double-dutch on the concrete." 

I began to think of all the things that had lead me here, right to this day, to this moment.

"Maybe sometimes, we feel afraid but it's alright, the more we stay the same, the more we seem to change, don't you hesitate."

A smile stretched across my face, my cheeks feeling warm with the steam of the shower as I took a deep breath.

"Girl put your records on, tell me your favorite song, you go ahead let your hair down.  Sapphire faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams, just go ahead let your hair down.  You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow..."

By the time I had finished the song, I had washed my hair and my body, feeling clean and fresh.  I stepped out of the shower, grabbing the towel and drying my hair off slightly.  I drew little pictures on the mirror as I hummed to myself. 

After I dried off, I picked up my panties and blushed, remembering what happened right before I got into the shower. 

"Boys are so stupid, it's just underwear.  It's not like I dropped a dildo or something," I mumbled to myself, the skin between my eyebrows creasing as I frowned slightly.  I pulled on a pair of black leggings, my bra, and a (F/C) baggy t-shirt.  I hung the towel back up, but not before towel drying my hair a little more before walking out the door. 

I found myself hopping down the steps into the living room when I remembered what movie I should play for the guys.  I turned on the television and found Netflix, finding my (favorite movie) almost immediately.  It wasn't under any recents, so at least I know they haven't seen it lately.  I wandered lazily into the kitchen where I found Tom and Tord, arguing in the kitchen.

"YOU'RE the reason why I can't get any sleep
at night!" Tom shouted, his fists clenched tightly into a fist.

"Well YOU never stop playing that stupid bass!  For god's sake it'll be two in the fucking MORNING!" Tord yelled back, his arms crossed and leaning carelessly against the counter.

"Whatever! I can't stand hearing you thump around in your room all night! I don't care what you're doing in there, just KEEP IT DOWN!"  Tom's eyes glared daggers into Tord as he shouted at him.

"Hey woah guys," I intervened, "just try to be considerate of your other roommates sleep.  Don't even think of each other, because if it's bothering both one of you, it might be bothering everyone else in the house, ok?" I looked from Tord to Tom.  Tom thought with his hand on his chin, nodding and being sure to remember what I said to help cool down. 

Tord rolled his eyes, "Whatever, you've been here for one night.  It's not like you get what's going on." 

"Oh yeah, like I don't know anything at all about people making noise at night," I scoffed, "everyone deals with that, it's not like it's a special 'you' problem."  Tom smirked as Tord's face reddened with anger and embarrassment.

"Look, I found a movie to watch, so let's just be buds for a bit and enjoy it, ok?" I suggested.

"Yeah alright," Tord said, "I can make some popcorn or something."

"I can go get the other guys," Tom mentioned, "and (F/N)?"

I turned towards him, "Yes?"

Tom mumbled, "Thanks man."  I smiled gently and nodded, deciding that I was feeling up for some ice cream while I could watch the movie.  My new roommates might have some problems, but I guess it's nothing I can't handle... so far.

End of chapter! If any of you have any ideas or requests for this book, be sure to mention it!  I could use some good ideas to keep this book rolling!  Sorry for lack of romance in this one, just focusing on a little story building!