Rainy days

It was the worst day I could have experienced.  I lost my job due to something a co-worker did, I was kicked out of your apartment by my so called "friend" because she blamed me for stealing her boyfriend, and I was hopelessly lost in spirit and location.  I let out a defeated sigh, rolling my suitcase behind me, dragging it through dirty puddles in the rain.  My (F/C) raincoat was pulled over my head, the raindrops soaking my poor muddy shoes.  My head was down, watching the water drops flow into a small river, falling down into the sewers below.

"Hello? Miss?" A voice called out.  I looked up and scanned the building the voice came from, squinting through the heavy rain.  "Do you need shelter for a while?"  It was a man in a purple hoodie with ginger hair.  I dashed across the street to the house with the red roof.  I was immediately welcomed in as the man took off my raincoat, hanging it on a nearby hook as I kicked off my wet shoes. 

"Oh my goodness!" A boy exclaimed as he dashed out of the kitchen, "Miss, do you need some dry clothes?"  I looked down and realized that despite the fact I had on a raincoat, my clothes were still drenched.  I fiddled with my thumbs and nodded, a light blush gracing my cheeks.  "Alright then, miss...?" He trailed off.

"(F/N) (L/N)," I answered as I lightly tugged on my cold shirt.  The boy was a green clad brunet with soft brown eyes, I followed him upstairs. 

"Sorry, my name's Edd," he said as he led me into what I assumed to be his room.  "I have a T-shirt and some sweat pants you can borrow," Edd mentioned as he turned and handed me the clothes.  "The bathroom is down the hall."  I nodded silently as I made my way to the bathroom.  I noted that there were three other rooms besides Edd's and the bathroom.  I led myself inside, shutting the door behind me as I peeled off my wet clothes.  I shivered lightly as my wet skin was exposed to the air of the room.  I slipped on the clothes Edd gave me, and I instantly started to warm up.  I grabbed my wet clothes and left the bathroom. 

"Here," Edd said, "I can take those to the drier."  He took my clothes from my hands and began to walk away.

"W-wait!" I started, "you don't have to do that!" 

Edd laughed a little with a smile, "What kind of host would I be if I didn't?"  My face warmed up a little at his generosity, hesitantly following him into the laundry room as I watched him throw my clothes into the drier.

"Now miss (L/N), would you tell me how you ended up dragging a suitcase in a rain storm in the middle of the night?"  Edd sat me down on the red couch in the living room, handing me a blanket as we got comfortable.

"Well, I was fired because of something a co-worker did, and I got kicked out of my so called 'friend's' apartment because she accused me of stealing her boyfriend.  I didn't have anywhere to go, so I just took what I could and kinda wandered until your friend let me in," I finished.

"Oh that's right!  Matt caught sight of you!  Hey Matt!"  Edd called from downstairs, "Come meet the nice girl you let in!"  We heard thumping down the stairs until I saw the tall ginger boy again, his cheeks spotted with freckles.

"Hello there!  I'm so glad you're getting comfortable," Matt said, "I'm guessing you're looking for a place to stay?"  I nodded, knowing I can't just sleep outside. 

"I do actually," I mentioned, "but don't worry, I won't stay here long." 

Matt made a confused face and asked, "Hey Edd, can't she stay here for a while?  She obviously doesn't have a place to stay."  Edd nodded with a smile.

"Of course she can stay, well even help her find a job if she needs," Edd snuggles in deeper into the couch.  I felt so warm, I felt safer than I ever had before.  My eyes started to tear up a little bit, Edd quickly gained my attention again.

"(F/N), what's wrong?" Edd questioned, a confused look on his face.  I smiled warmly as I wiped the tears off my face.

"It's nothing really," I said, "you're just... so kind and you've been so helpful.  If you two haven't let me in, I'm sure I would have ended up sleeping on a bench in the rain."  Edd leaned back into the sofa.

"I could never let someone like you sit around in the rain like that, you just looked so alone and upset," Matt spoke up.  I nodded and wrapped the blanket tighter around me.

"You can sleep on the couch for now if you'd like," Matt said.  Edd made a worried face.

"Will you be comfortable with sleeping on the couch?" Edd asked, I nodded happily, thankful that I found a warm place for the night.  I snuggled deeper into the couch as it started to feel warmer against my skin.

"I'll go get some pillows for you," Edd mentioned right before he dashed up the stairs.

Matt smiled and said, "Good night (F/N), I hope you'll stay here with us.  You seem like a really nice person."  He went upstairs where I didn't see him until morning.  Edd came back downstairs with a couple pillows and another blanket.

"I hope these will keep you warm enough," Edd said as he handed me the pillows and extra blanket.

"Thank you Edd," I spoke barely above a whisper, "because of your gentlemen-like kindness, I won't be sleeping in the cold tonight."  Edd smiled warmly as he shut off the light and went back upstairs to sleep until morning.