Chapter Five

Logan did stay. 

He stayed in that house, growing old with the ghost as it grew old with him. He lived out his life happily with Patton, and in the end he passed away in his sleep with the ghost holding his hand. However his eyes blinked open, finding himself twenty eight once more and inside the house. It looked different, like a the dark cloud that had been covering it had been cleared. Logan looked down at his shimmering, slightly transparent hands, curious as his eyes widened. He was a ghost. He was in the house where he'd met Patton, the ghost boy he'd fallen in love with. 

"Patton?" he called. The other young man appeared, blinking at him in surprise as a smile spread across his face. "Patton..."

The other ghost ran toward him, hugging him tightly. Logan smiled, hugging him back. "I'm so happy you're here with me." Patton murmured, pulling away enough to look him in the eyes. "I don't know what I would've done if I had to stay here alone."

"I told you I'd stay," Logan said, smiling as he leaned in to press their lips together. Now that they were both ghosts, their forms were the same and they could interact as real people. 

Patton sighed happily, wrapping his arms around his neck as he pulled him closer. When they pulled away, he started giggling. "I told you I like you a lot," he said, brushing their noses together. 

"I like you a lot too," Logan replied with a smile. 

The two of them stayed in that house. Rumors of two ghosts living there spread through the neighborhood. They said they were two young lovers who's laughter could be heard when approached. It warmed the hearts of everyone on the street, seeing that the house no longer looked like dark, haunting mansion, but rather a lovely one that looked full of mystery. It looked bright and happy, much like those who'd had sightings of the two ghosts inside had described them as. 

No one else bought the house, but it wasn't torn down either. Those who believed sometimes visited the two ghosts, who gladly talked to them and showed them around. Rather than the house putting everyone on edge, it now made everyone smile. However no one smiled as much as Patton did. 

End