TEN - Painful Departure

A/N
Just a filler on what happened to Thor, and Asgard. Thank you so so much for all the reads!
---

- 3 weeks ago -
Ship Of Asgard, Somewhere In The Cosmos

Thor pulled his fist back, immobilising his attacker with a jab-kick-combo before throwing it off his ship.

"Heimdall! How are the engines holding up?" He yelled as he kicked another extraterrestrial body overboard.

"Still have three hostiles in the engine room!" The golden warrior responded as he disarmed one alien and beheaded another. "Miek is piloting the ship, ready to go as soon as you give Korg the word-"

"DUCK!" Both Thor and Heimdall crouched in unison as the Hulk leapt over their heads, dragging a handful of aliens by his side. Pulling back, he fired them at the cables transporting more aliens to their ship and roared triumphantly as the aliens fell, their cries silenced by the sharp claws of their dead comrades.

"Thor!" Thor's head snapped to the sound of his brother's call of distress, immediately leaping over bodies to aid him. With a mighty roar, he grabbed a discarded axe from the floor and swung, killing three opponents in one swipe.

Seeing Loki wrestling with a much larger armoured alien, Thor thought quickly. He could try to wrestle the alien himself, electrocute it through its armour, but that may stun Loki. Perhaps he could stab it in the back? Cut it up, limb from limb?

All his decisive planning left his head as he heard Loki yell again for help, the alien's teeth dangerously close to his throat. Dispatching another trio of opponents, he plunged into action.

Thor mentally prepared himself for the messy task as he grasped the large extraterrestrial's ankles and hacked them off swiftly, tossing them overboard in hopes to distract the alien. Seeing that it did, Thor severed the rest of the six-armed alien's limbs one by one and threw each sharp-clawed hand at the other intruders he saw sneaking further into the ship. Each projectile hit its mark, killing its victim instantly.

Getting up, Loki followed Thor as the two of them collaboratively fought the rest of the intruders off the ship. Seeing as the majority of the alien army had been diminished to only a dozen or so leaderless stragglers, Thor knew between Loki and himself that they could easily wipe out the rest. Now that the immediate threat was close to non-existent, the rest of his crew could put their efforts into securing the ship.

Turning, Thor sought out his best companion for the job.

"Hulk!" Thor shouted upon seeing the massive three-year-old, "Make sure there are no more bad guys!" 

Hulk grunted in reply, before lumbering off noisily.

"Thor and Ghost!" Korg called over the racket of inhumans hissing and fighting. "The engine rooms are cleared; when would you like me to start it?"

Thor spotted Heimdall pulling an alien away from getting further into the ship, and decided quickly. "Start now. Get as far away from here as you can, and locate a new route to get this ship to Midgard."

"Got it." Korg saluted him, then lumbered away, throwing bodies off the ship as he did.

Everything was going well, until...

"I see why Odin chose you to be his successor. You lead and befriend like second nature."

The loud, booming voice seemed to emanate directly from the hostile ship floating some distance away, yet Loki and Heimdall remained seemingly unaware of the voice.

"But sentiment has always been your greatest mistake, and your greatest weakness. One you never seem to learn from. Tsk tsk."

"Mmmf!" Spinning around, Thor saw Heimdall being thrown into a rather dirty-looking sack, transported by half a dozen aliens that had escaped from the herd in unawareness.

Calling up his lightning, Thor charged the axe in his hand with electricity and threw it with all his might at Heimdall's kidnappers. Still slightly shaken and caught off-balance, he was suddenly jumped on from behind as the aliens he was herding took advantage of his distraction.

Stumbling from the weight of five unwelcome guests on his back, Thor fell from the ship; only managing to catch the ledge with his fingertips before certain eternal doom. Now out of the oxygen bubble that protected him on the deck, Thor found it harder to breathe.

Spotting Loki's feet on the deck by his fingers, Thor called for help. Loki peered over the ledge, his expression one of concern.

"Pull me up Loki!" Thor called out, his battle-spirit fading as Loki recoiled as if he had been punched, his forehead glistening with cold sweat.

Loki's face leaned out of view, ordering, "Take him." A second later, six electrocuted bodies fell overboard as three new ones transported a struggling sack off the ship using grappling hooks.

The adopted prince of Asgard then pulled out a grappling hook himself, kicking the body he extracted it from overboard. Bending over, he picked up what could only be a hand-grenade or some other self-detonating bomb from the wicked hum he made.

"Loki!" Thor shouted, struggling to shake his attackers off him. "Don't do this! Don't let him win, whoever's controlling you!"

Loki turned, forcing a manical laugh. "Oh, dear, brother-from-another-family. I have loved and despised you for centuries."

"I know, Loki- And I also know that - what you're doing right now, isn't yo- ARGH!" Take the advice of a victim, and never allow oneself to be on the receiving end of Loki's boot.

Something broke in his eyes as he inhaled sharply, but he continued his hostility towards the God of Thunder. 

"I will let your precious Asgard free on the promise that none of them ever meddle with me or my...employer's work, but, you? You will only lead them straight into battle again. And we can't have that, can we?"

Thor struggled to no avail, fighting to free his hand from where it was held behind his back so he wouldn't fall off the ledge. But one look up, and he knew he was fighting a losing battle.

"It's nothing personal." Loki continued, the aliens on Thor's back jumping off one by one as their hostage became weaker. "Just...I had a deal to fulfill. And you must get out of my way first, so that I can."

Loki leapt off the ship with the remains of his alien army as the engines were gunned, and Thor lost his grip along with his consciousness.

"Goodbye, Thor Odinson."

"FRIEND THOR!"

Then he was falling, the decline detected in both his body and heart.