Ch4. Quick as lightning

Barry got up and started to wonder around the small apartment. 'He must be lonely here on his own' he thought. The sound of sink taps flowing water took Barry's attention. "Are you okay in there?" He asked a little worried. Although they sometimes argued, Barry really cared for the other man, he just hoped Julian felt the same way.

"Yeah I-I'm fine thanks. Just need to freshen up a bit." Julian answered hesitantly. He splashed the cold water in his pale face before grabbing a towel and rubbing it dry. He took a deep breath in and exited the bathroom with a small smile. "I'm pretty much done now so if you want to get some takeaway or-" Julian couldn't even finish what he was saying before he was ambushed by Barry. "Barry, seriously?" Julian laughed from under the brunette. He mocked Julian's techniques of pinning the other's wrists above their head so they couldn't move at all. "Surrender or I'll tickle you." Barry teased the struggling blond. "What are you, five years old? Besides, I'll never surrender." Julian attempted to wriggle free but Barry's grip tightened slightly. After squirming around and getting nowhere, Julian gave up. "Fine, I surrender, just don't tickle me." He smiled. Barry laughed in victory and flopped down beside Julian. They stayed there, lying on the floor for a while. Simply enjoying each other's presents. "Julian?" Barry broke their peaceful silence. Julian tilted his head in his direction. Barry looked dead serious. "Y-yes? What is it?" He nervously asked. They stared at one another for a couple seconds before Barry leaned in. Julian put his hand on Barry's chest and pushed on it slightly. He looked away from him, not wanting to make eye contact. "Barry, you should know I'm not mentally prepared for this kind of thing. As flattering as it may be. Not yet, I'm sorry." The blond sat up and began twiddling his thumbs. Barry turn a dark shade of red and sat up too. "I'm so sorry Ju. I thought that maybe- I didn't mean- I thought-... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." Barry huffed and made his way to the door. "Where are you going?" Julian panicked, seeing Barry walking to the door. "I suspected you wouldn't want me here." Barry sighed.
"Please don't. I'd prefer if you stay here." He stood in front of the door, not allowing Barry to leave. "Stay." Julian lead Barry to the sofa where they comfortably entangled.

~*~

Julian awoke on the sofa to the sweet smell of pancakes coming from the kitchen. He dragged himself over to the doorframe and leaned his side against it. Barry was oblivious to the his presents, he was to busy singing 'pure imagination'. Julian giggled and watched amused. "If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it, anything you want to do it-" Barry spun around in shock as he heard another voice singing. "Want to change the world, there's nothing to it." Julian sung happily. They both laughed and Julian then helped Barry with breakfast.

~*~

Mid Day, Barry and Julian sat cuddled up on the sofa, watching tv. Julian wasn't ready to take anything further with Barry, right now he just wanted someone to be there with him. Since he moved away from Britain, he's been on his own. Everything he ever knew was back there. "It's a bit odd, don't you think? There hasn't been much crime. You haven't had to be Flash for three days now." Julian frowned, lifting his head from Barry's chest. The brunette looked down at him and smiled. "It is odd. But I like this better. You and I watching tv on the couch. It's peaceful." He turned and flicked through the channels. "Wait!" Julian suddenly shouted. "Go back!" Barry turned the channels back until he was told to stop. The news. A Meta-human destroying buildings down town. "We jinxed it, guess we better-" whoosh. Barry had sped off. "Okay. Or you can handle it." Julian blinked a couple times in surprise of how fast Barry left the apartment. He focused his attention to the tv and watched as all of a sudden a golden light spun around the meta-human. Then as quick as it was there, it was gone.

~*~

Julian finally arrived at S.T.A.R labs. He saw Caitlin chatting to Barry. He was still wearing his suit. "This one's made a bit of a mess, hasn't it?" He tutted, getting their attention. "I'm calling her Destructioness." Cisco chirped happily from behind the computer screen. Julian shook his head and walked towards Barry and Caitlin. "Wondered where you got to." The speedster nervously laughed, rubbing the back of his head. Caitlin frowned, looking back and forth between the two. "Um...I'm gonna go see if I can help Cisco." She rushed off. Julian turned back to Barry. "I-uh I'm sorry for not telling you I wasn't coming back, that was a bit of a jerk move. I'll make it up to you." Neither of them said a thing. 'I need to move on. I can't hold back anymore. I have to tell him.' Julian thought. 'Why isn't he saying anything? Is he that mad at me? What do I do?' Questions ran through Barry's head. Julian breathed in sharply. He could see the fear in Barry's green eyes. 'Green eyes? Why always green eyes?' He looked down at Barry's chest, noticing the Lightning bolt. 'Why always associated with lightning? Why always the hero? And why is it always me that ends up falling for them?' Caitlin and Cisco had noticed the tense situation and decided to leave the room. Instead of worrying about the damage 'Destructioness' caused, they were worried about what Barry and Julian were going to do to one another. To them it seemed like Julian was going to strangle Barry. "J-Julian? What h-happens now?" Barry stuttered. Another minute pasted. 'Just do something already! You can't run forever.' Julian stepped closer to the brunette. Barry gulped nervously. "I'm going to stop pretending." Julian closed the space between them and pressed his lips on Barry's. Barry immediately kissed back.  He instinctively wrapped his arms around Julian's waist and pulled him even closer. Julian's arms found their way around Barry's neck. After a moment or two they broke away for air. "I need to tell you the truth about me." The blond said. Barry's smile instantly faded.

~*~

Luckily for Barry and Julian, the others didn't know about their little make out session. Barry put on his normal clothes, grabbed Julian's hand and sped off before the crew could even say goodbye.
Barry took them back to Julian's, where they sat at the table, facing each other.

~*~

"What do you mean the truth?" Barry questioned. The blond sat there, twiddling his thumbs in his lap. "I'll start from the beginning. The real one."