Ch2. Problems

The blonde woke up in an unfamiliar surrounding. This was not his room and not his bed, but this wasn't the first time this kind of thing happened. He then felt a sudden movement beside him. He was almost too scared to look over. "Morning. You know you move around a lot while sleeping, right?" It was Barry Allen. Julian jolted up right , pulling the covers to his chest. "What the hell am I doing here Allen?" Julian screamed. No reply. He lifted the covers up, noticing he was only wearing boxers and a shirt. Allen moaned from having the covers taken from him. "What happened? Did we-" Julian was rudely cut off. "Ew, no, definitely no. You were drunk and...crying, so I let you stay the night. Although you kept trying to cuddle into me." Barry turned over to face the confused man sitting beside him, grinning. Julian rolled his eyes. "In your dreams would I do that. Why was I crying?" He asked concerned. Barry's facial expression change immediately. He urged to change the subject. He sat up as well. "Breakfast? I can do pancakes."
"Barry tell me." The blond snapped. Barry slouched against the wall he leaned on. Julian sighed. "Sorry. Could you please tell me what happened?" The brunette smiled sympathetically. "I started asking you questions. I was a little shocked you were opening up to me, but to be honest you were wasted. You told me you loved a boy you went to school with. You were in a gang. There was a big standoff and you believed that the boy was dead. Turns out he wasn't, you threw him a gun and then he shot your gang leader." Julian was amazed by how much Barry paid attention and remembered, considering he was 'drunk' as well. "Is that everything? So you know that I-" again Barry spoke over Julian. "Like guys, yeah I'm cool with that. Is that why you got that tattoo? Not because your gay, because you were in a gang?" Julian almost forgot the scar covered snake and skull tattoo that rested on his arm above his wrist. "I wouldn't say gay, I kissed Caitlin Snow once." Without realising, Barry had grabbed his arm and was examining it. Julian watched him as he analysed the scars. His excited smile turned to a more serious pout. He finally spoke. "I personally think it's cool, it makes you look tougher." Julian smirked at the comment. He nudged Barry with his elbow. "I won't tell anyone what you told me, promise. But if you somehow get involved with the gang again, I will do my best to help you." Barry released Julian's arm and sped out of the bedroom. "Do you want pancakes or not?" He shouted playfully from downstairs. Julian rolled his eyes again and followed the sound of the speedster's voice.

~*~

Julian sat at the table and listened to the quiet radio in the background. Joe stumbled across the lounge and froze when he saw the blond. "Eh, morning Julian." He said, a bit taken back. "Oh good morning Officer West. I um, I guess we'll be having breakfast together." He blushed with embarrassment, knowing that Joe could clearly see that he wasn't wearing much. Joe continued into the kitchen and grabbed a cup of coffee. "Barry explain please." He calmly commanded. Barry jumped mid pancake flip and unfortunately the pancake splat on the floor. "Well it's breakfast so I'm making pancakes." His face looked so innocent. Joe chuckled a little. "No Barry, explains why Julian Albert is here, in my house, half dressed, at 8:43 in the morning." He placed his cup on the counter and put his hands on his hips, waiting for an answer. "Oh that. Um so me and Julian were out drinking, don't worry I don't get drunk, cause I'm speedy. He kinda slept in my bed...with me. A sleepover, I guess." Barry scratched the back of his head and cringed at his choice of words. "Okay, please don't go into any details." The officer then grabbed his coffee and wondered into the other room. "It's not like that, I didn't mean it like that. Joe, I didn't...we didn't." Joe's voice was heard from the other room. "Hey, I'm not judging you Barry." Barry huffed, giving up. He turned around and continued with breakfast.

~*~

Julian neatly placed his knife and fork down on his plate. "That was amazing. Where did you learn to cook like that?" Barry quickly looked down in an attempt to hide his blushing face. "My mum taught me. She used to make pancakes when I was upset. Occasionally for breakfast as well." He then frowned when he remembered that his mother was killed before he had a chance to return the act of kindness. Julian watched as his friend's emotions attacked his facial expressions, changing them from frowns to small smiles. "Barry, are you okay? I could leave if you need some space." Julian said concerned. Barry snapped back to reality and shot a desperate look at Julian. "Please don't leave me. I mean, I would like it if you could stay a little longer, if you're not busy." Julian nodded and stood to take the plate into the kitchen. Barry gave him a kind smile when he took his plate from in front of him. "So what are we going to do Mister Allen?"

~*~

The two ended up walking the streets of the city. It was quite pleasant. The sun just about snuck it's way out from behind the clouds as Barry said. They wondered in a few shops, of course Julian had to buy something. Barry suggested sitting down in a coffee shop for a break. They finally came across one called Kips and they decided to spend the rest of the afternoon there. Julian fished through his shopping bags to show off his new sweaters and shirts to Barry, who to be honest was actually interested in the blond's fashion choices.
"Aha, how about this one!" He shrieked, pulling out a crimson red hoodie. It had bright, white laces and a white tree on the left side of the chest area. "Wow. I actually really like that!" Barry exclaimed, reaching out to touch it. "I thought you might." Julian smirked, seeing the fascination in Barry's eyes. "So. Last night. Can you possibly tell me more about what happened? I need detail." Julian felt as if he had shouted every secret he held, in the middle of a crowd. Barry chuckled, sitting back in his chair. "Like I said, you said you were in a gang and your crush killed the leader." He must have told him more than that. The blond was sure the speedster was keeping something from him. So he decided to confront him. "Allen, I know you're keeping something from me. You're going to have to tell me sooner or later." Barry frowned. Leaning forward.
"No. Nothing." He hesitated. Julian narrowed his eyes and stared at the Forensic's nervous features. Barry stared back. Julian finally broke the tense moment. "If you don't tell, I'll tell." He looked around him at all the people in the cafe. "You wouldn't dare!" Barry panicked. "I was in a gang who killed people for keeping things from them. Try me." Suddenly, the speedster grabbed the shopping bags and the CSI's arm and sped off. Barry landed them on top of a roof of a very tall building. Julian glared over at the extremely shocked and angry looking other man. He sighed and his eyes wondered around them. "What the hell is your problem Julian!? Are you serious?" Barry shouted furiously. The blond shot back to reality when he realised that Allen was shouting at him.