Ch1. The questions

"Allen, for Merlin's sake. Shut up!" Julian shouted across the room. Barry frowned. "Merlin?"
"God! I-I said for God sake! Get your ears tested and shut up." He snapped and looked at his computer screen again. Barry shook his head and continued to run tests on a blood sample. A moment later Barry stares over at the blond. "Yes, what do you want now?" Julian said as if he felt Barry's eyes on him "I swear you said Merlin, who's Merlin? Is he your friend? Is he British and...eh... like you?" The CSI stood up from his desk and walked over to the other man. "No Allen he is not my friend and I didn't say Merlin in the first place, okay?" Barry gulped before answering. "Okay. Oh by the way Harry is back." Julian's eyes widened.
"Harry!" He screeched. Barry gave him a confused look. "Are you okay? I don't remember you being this excited last time Harry visited from Earth 2." Of course. Not the right Harry. Harrison Wells... not a Harry Julian knew in England. "Oh. I thought you meant someone else, nevermind." Julian walked over to his desk and sat down again. "Who did you think I meant Julian? Do you know a different Harry?" Silence harshly filled the small lab. "Just get on with your work mister Allen, I don't want to talk." Barry put his hands up in surrender. "Okay, if you say so."

~*~

Julian unlocked the door to his apartment and dragged himself inside. Why did Allen have to be so annoying? Well at least it took his mind off things. Julian dropped himself on an armchair, he grabbed an envelope off the coffee and slit it open. He read a few lines before scrunching it into a ball and angrily throwing it across the room. "Just stop!" He cried. "Leave me alone!" Salty tears reached his pale lips. He stood up and wondered into his bedroom. He had work tomorrow and needed a good night's sleep. That's if he didn't get any nightmares.

~*~

"You bastard! You killed him! You killed my only friend..." The voice turned muffled.
"I didn't mean to kill him, I swear." Julian's vision was blurry. He could just about see a young lad hovering over another's dead body. It all then changed. He stood in a dark room. The young lad in front of him. "You're useless, unwanted and cruel. You're a disgrace, you bring us shame. Why did you do it? you tried to kill me. You failed. It wasn't your decision to make." The boy circled the man. Julian followed him with his eyes. "Stop it. You're not here." Julian stayed there, watching his every movement. The boy laughed. "What about you're promise? What are you going to do about that?" Julian knew exactly what he meant. "What do you want me to do?" He cried. Julian wanted him to just go away. "There's only one thing to do." The kid grinned mischievously.

Julian shot up. Sweat drenching the bed. His breaths heavy and quick. He looked over to the alarm clock. 6:10am. Great. He swung his legs over the side of the bed, Stood, then made his way into the bathroom. He ran the water in the sink. The blonde looked himself in the mirror. Why did he do it? Why leave England? He never listened to anybody anyway, so why listen to this one person? He noticed the sink overflowing and quickly turned the tap off. He inhaled a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "Great, just great." He muttered to himself. Julian unplugged the sink and abandoned the mess he made. He was back in his room, standing unevenly in front of the large brown wardrobe. He fished out some suitable clothes and got dressed for work.

~*~

"And where have you been Mister Allen?" Julian asked rhetorically, checking his watch for the time. He tutted as the incompetent American dragged himself into his small working space. "You should've been here almost 4 and a half hours ago. Don't be late again or I'll report you." He threatened, amused by the groan he got in reply. Barry threw his body into the chair behind where he stood. "I thought you were supposed to like me now." Barry grumped childishly. Julian smirked then continued to write out papers. "I thought you were supposed to be extremely fast, but still you are late to-" Julian couldn't even finish his sentence before Barry sped around him. The speedster stopped in front of the other man's desk, grinning like a madman. "-work." Julian looked down to see that Barry completed the mountain of the paperwork, piled beside him. "There! Now you won't have to worry about any of that." He pointed at the now neat stack of files. Julian frowned. "Well what am I supposed to do now? That was the only thing keeping me from being bored." He said, his voice harsh. Barry's smile disappeared. "I thought you would be happy?"
"I'm happy they're all done but I would have preferred it if I had done them at normal speed" he shouted. He calmed himself and quickly smiled. "Never mind. What do you want to do? Bar? I need a drink." Julian stood and began to make his way over to the exit, grabbing his jacket that laid perfectly on the back of his chair. The young Forensic's smile returned to his face as he followed the British out.

~*~

Sure Barry was a nice enough bloke but there was something about him he felt far too familiar with. "Okay, okay. Have you ever liked a person you shouldn't?" That's right Barry Allen and Julian Albert were playing the one shot, one question game. Of course Julian was completely drunk and Barry felt fine. This was the only chance Barry had at finding more about his colleague. Lucky for him, Julian forgot to ask questions and was only answering Barry's. "Uh, umm, a boy I went to school with. we were rivals, but that didn't stop us saving one another's lives." Julian rested his forehead on the table. Barry stared at him confused. First of all he never knew Julian liked guys, second he never mentioned saving a kid when he was younger. To be honest, Julian never spoke of his life before America to anyone. "How did you save him?" Barry asked after they both took another shot. Julian massaged his temples. "There was a huge, brutal standoff. I thought he was already dead. While someone was distracting the antagonist, he suddenly stood up, I was almost in tears, he was alive! So I did the most stupidest thing I had ever done in my life, I shouted his name and threw him a...gun, he then killed the madman. The most twisted thing about it all is that I was on the madman's side.
I helped him because I loved him, after all of the hatred the gang leader poisoned me with." A sad smile crept on Julian's face. Allen looked baffled. Was Julian some sort of criminal or thug, a gang member? Did he go around...killing people? A young waitress strut over to their table and placed 2 more shot glasses on the surface for the two men. She smiled kindly then glided away. They both downed the shots. "Have you ever killed anyone?" The question echoed in the blond's head. After a good 5 minutes he finally answer with a shaky "yes." Barry's heart raced. Julian made sure they didn't make any eye contact. "Can we go somewhere more private if you're going to ask questions like that? I don't mind telling you, I just don't want every one around us to know." With that Barry sped off, carrying Julian like a backpack.

~*~

Julian had been in Barry's house before but never in his room. He looked around, his eyes explored the scenery. It was bright and had a friendly atmosphere. Julian sat down on the bed. Barry leaned against the wall opposite to where the CSI was. He crossed his arms over his chest. "So you killed someone? Were they going to attack you?"
"No."
"Were they going to attack someone else?"
"No. I did the attacking. He was only a kid. He jumped in front and...took the bullet." Tears began to form in his dull grey eyes. "I didn't mean to, honest. I didn't know what I was doing, I was scared, I wanted to stop people getting hurt by him, his friend sacrificed himself to save him, and I...shot...the only person he cared about." Barry walked over to the sobbing Brit. He sat down beside him and cautiously wrapped an arm around his shoulder. "Hey, hey. It's okay. You didn't mean to, I believe you. Please don't cry. I don't like to see anyone cry, especially my friends." Julian buried his face in Barry's neck. "You're a drunken mess, aren't you? Look, you're welcome to sleep here tonight if you want." The brunette chuckled lightly. Julian nodded, sniffling slightly. "Okay. Just don't take all the covers." He joked and helped Julian to undress, leaving him in his shirt and boxers of course.
Soon were both sound asleep. Back to back.

/////////////////////////////////////////

Hi guys, hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I will update as soon as possible. Thank you x