"Have any of you found your mates yet?"

Brian was the first to answer, "I did! It's the best feeling in the world, Adonis. To look into their eyes and feel every cell in your body love them to the best of their ability. I can't properly explain it but this is how Christina makes me feel."

Adonis mentally awed at his expression of love for his mate and looked expectedly at the two quiet ones in the room.

"I don't have a mate, haven't found one yet." Kyle was the first to answer out of the two.

Adonis stared at Anessa until she sighed and answered his question, "I haven't found my real mate but there was this fake mate who used me to try and gain the power of my pack and the entire werewolf species."

Adonis' eyes widened at her abrupt and distasteful answer but he felt as though he could understand her situation quite well, "I met once met someone that I thought I could spend the rest of my life with; someone I thought I could trust. Penny, if that was even her real name turned out to be a wolf; the same wolf that chased me here to your territory."

The room was silent for a while until Adonis asked another question that bombarded his mind for quite a while, "How do you know when you've met them?"

"For a wolf, all their emotions are heighted so once they locate their mate and look into their mate, they already fall in love with them and feel this extreme need to always have them around as well as protect them with their entire being." Adonis smiled at the thought of meeting his mate one day.

"There are exceptions though, if the wolf doesn't like the mate, which is highly unlikely, he or she can reject them and immediately separated once the other accepts the rejection." Of course there had to be a downside to the situation.

"Are there human mates?" He seemed as though he needed to know the answer to this question for there was this thought in his mind that he had bumped into his soulmate in the past and he just never knew.

"Yes, there are. For the human's though, the feelings aren't as sudden but they do feel a connection when they see, hear or are I contact with you. Time an effort must be spent with them to show them that you actually love them and then some time later on, the wolf admits a secret to them that may or may not frighten them to the point where they leave the wolf heartbroken." Anessa told the hard truth to Adonis as her eyes expressed that that's just the way things her.

"You can also recognize your mate at the age of fourteen and onwards, although, many wolves find their mate before the age of nineteen because the Moon Goddess creates a path for them to meet." Adonis stared down solemnly at his reflection in the kitchen table as Kyle, Anessa and Brian stared at each other in sympathy.

"It probably takes longer because you didn't know you were a wolf. It might happen when you shift." Kyle's positivity added hope to Adonis's expression as he offered a soft smile that held little pain behind it.

"Hopefully it happens so-" His abrupt stop from his sentence alerted them all as Adonis' eyes glowed an intense gold and his body flashed outside in less than a half a second.

They warped outside to where they found everyone else staring at Adonis in astonishment and wondered about his sudden actions.

It seemed as though he was waiting for something as he continued to stare at nothing whilst the forest just mirrored his actions.

When Anessa, Kyle and Brian stepped forward, an ear piercing growl erupted; a command that an Alpha would give as he tried to protect his pack. Though this did stop Kyle, Brian and everyone else, Anessa's wolf refused to take orders from him even though Snow full knew what he was capable of.

This time, there was a ferocious growl that enforced his command from before and this made everyone bow their head in submission and retreat with a few steps.

A couple of seconds passed and now, everyone could smell what Adonis smelt; seven rogues that are about two metres away from the clearing.

As if on cue, all the wolves pounced at once but they only pounced on one thing; Adonis.

It happened too fast, no one could tell where Adonis started and where the destruction of the seven rogues ended.

Within a few seconds, the rogues were barely breathing and the pack members would rather be paralyzed than steal a glance at the blood that engulfed him.

Anessa, Kyle and Brian stepped cautiously towards Adonis until they could see the best view of a mass mutilated pile of dead rogue wolves.

A shuffle of a few branches in the forest opposite them is what shifted their eyes to search for any movement within.

Everyone could see the midnight black wolf that resembled a shadow that slowly approached the clearing.

A low growly could be heard from within; a threat.

Adonis only growled back but with more force and sound.

As it emerged from the forest, it evoked fear insides those behind the four that warned the midnight black wolf to not come any closer.

Everyone could sense the concentration of power as the three scents mixed together like it was in a blender of some sort.

No rogue scent could be attached to the midnight black wolf for his powerful aura surely instilled fear into them.

Both Adonis and the intruder stepped one step closer to each other and began snarling at each other. Anyone could sense the apparent bad blood between them.

There was total hatred for in his red eyes for the person in front of him that showed no signs of cowardice but only confidence.

Before the wolf said his few vague words, it dashed into the forest and disappeared. As others chased its behind to ensure it was indeed gone, Adonis only turned around and looked at the green grass with a painful expression etched on his features.

Only Adonis could have understood what he said and he refused to share it with anyone that approached him and asked. Something that happened to him or someone else, was something he felt ashamed of and didn't feel the need to share it with anyone else.

His glowing eyes expressed his anger and rage perfectly but that didn't stop Anessa from penetrating his soul with her sharp and intense gaze as she demanded an explanation for the fiasco that just happened.

"He said he was going to kill me, again."

---

Hey guys! I hope you guys liked this chapter and there is more where that came from.

So, what do you think?

What do you want to see happen?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment.